It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sold Laporte and Bernardo which seems highly likely, how much do we think we'd get for the pair. 100m?
Nobody has any money outside a select few PL clubs and PSG. IF both left, it would probably be two loans with options/obligations to buy for amounts that seem pretty low. Nobody has the money to offer what they used to be worth pre-covid.

Maybe we can get money for Bernardo if Atletico get Saul sold. But I wouldn’t expect much more than about £40m? It would still be a decent profit on our books. He has a contract to keep him here for 8 seasons, and he’s 4 years in, so on the books he’s worth about £21.5m I think. Would be almost £20m accounting profit.

Last edited:
We need to look at ourselves if we only get that. Surely Bernardo Is worth £80m, and if slab fucking head is worth £82m, Laporte is worth £85m
The issue when you sell in our position is, our players only want their next moves to be CL clubs, unless they're finished or really old. We do largely well keeping hold of our players, so naturally when we lose one and a club in Europe comes in, they don't wanna pay us the proper valuation because 'we have money'

If we had a model like Liverpool or someone we would be selling them for a lot more. But given the circumstances if we can sell either it'll be great, because clubs in La Liga and Serie A are absolutely skint.

Nobody has any money outside a select few PL clubs and PSG. IF both left, it would probably be two loans with options/obligations to buy for amounts that seem pretty low. Nobody has the money to offer what they used to be worth pre-covid.

Maybe we can get money for Bernardo if Atletico get Saul sold. But I wouldn’t expect much more than about £40m? It would still be a decent profit on our books. He has a contract to keep him here for 8 seasons, and he’s 4 years in, so on the books he’s worth about £21.5m I think. Would be almost £20m accounting profit.

We haven’t even got enough squad place to do cash and player deals?

Might be true about McAtee and Palmer but they play different positions anyway. I can see both making it here and we all know just how damn high that particular bar is.
Yes , can see both making it but with Gundogan and KDB both now early 30s I can see a space opening up for Mcatee to get a bit more game time in the next couple of years. Thinking mainly Gundogan getting less games if we get Grealish wanting to move on sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.