It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeepers are a bit different tbf but fair enough.
I think players of a certain brilliance do have to be boxed off, whatever their position.

We don’t tend to buy them as we buy slightly lower than world class and let Pep do his thing.

Dias is another who isn‘t likely to be dropped often though either.

I know you young upstarts hate us old farts going on about shit from yesteryear but I find it so comical looking through these threads about links (Kane/Grealish/Haaland/Messi etc) crazy but true. When it wasn't that long ago we were swapping the mercurial Paul Walsh for Gerry 'fuck no' Creaney. Or when the team had iconic forwards as Brian Conlon, Mike Sheron or Ched Evans etc..... Must be great being a City fan as a kid these days :)

I think players of a certain brilliance do have to be boxed off, whatever their position.

We don’t tend to buy them as we buy slightly lower than world class and let Pep do his thing.

Dias is another who isn‘t likely to be dropped often though either.

All depends on injuries that may happen though as well,prime example is Laporte,arguably was the best defender at the club,get's injured,bang,out of the team even when fit,looks a shadow of his former self,now seemingly wants out.

Oh and changed nationalities in the meantime as well,didn't know it was a head injury.

I agree Bernardo hasnt been at his best but i thought last season he was coming somehere near it again.
It willbe interesting to see how grealish does with being rotated and not being first pick every eyar (even without Bernardo in the squad as no one is a guaranteed starter besides Ederson)

I wouldnt say Kane is anywhere near Agueros ability....Kun scored goals that Kane can only dream of. People keep on about assists bt we dont need that from Kane so its a bit of an irrelevant point for me.

For me we should wait for Haaland (next years release clause) if we have decided that we wont pay the money for him this season...someone is going to get a bargain next summer.
His record against the top 6 which ive poseted previously isnt great with only Lecister and Arsenal being teams he has scored lots against. .....Spurs fans have also in the past been critical of him going missing against us.

What I do know is that when Ive seen Kane in the line up against us Ive not feared him at all...infact it was Son I was more concerned about and he is a player I would have had from Spurs and still would (think he has just signed a new contract so moot point)

I disagree that Kane isn't near Aguero's level. Do you think Aguero would have scored as many goals for Spurs as Kane has?

Kane may not have that short burst of speed across defenders that was Sergio's signature move but Kane is more of a threat from outside the box and more of an aerial threat.

I think assists do matter, especially as City need players to be able to adapt to different roles within the game. Kane would add so much to our team, the main benefit to us I see is his Cantona (eurgh! feel sick just typing his name) type ability to drop deep and influence a game.

It appears the circus around Haaland is not palatable for us, personally I think he's bound for Bayern.

I like Son but he wouldn't suit our system, he thrives on the counter and he would claim the forum title of FFS! He also finds so much space mainly due to defenders attention being on Kane.

You can't have players who are guaranteed a place.
Lionel Messi might disagree. ;-)

Edit: Yes. I understand he is a once in a lifetime player. That said, there are plenty of others, Kev, Sergio, Drogba, Lampard, Ronaldo, Rooney, Kane, Son and etc who pretty much had/have a guaranteed "place". Eg they will be on the team sheet barring injury.

I think I understand your point. However, a blanket statement, such as you made, isn't really how it goes in real life. Even non league sides will have a player who is essentially guaranteed to be starting every week. Heck, U10 teams will have players guaranteed a "place"

Last edited:
I just dont get this growing repeating of 'looks like Bernardo wants to leave'. Other than some very vague rumours very early on in the summer, there has been nothing. No links with any club, no more from 'sources that know his neighbours'. Certainly nothing from the player at any point.

The longer and later into the window without any further rumours or claims, to me, the Less it looks like he wants to leave, not more as we make out. And even if he does, a club needs to come up with an acceptable offer to make it happen.

I also don't agree with this 'he has been poor the last two seasons' distilling of it. He was great at least half of last season. The half that really mattered, when kev got injured, he stepped up along with gundo, and we went on that run. He wasn't his best for a part of it early on, but which of our players were at that point. The season before he was more inconsistent, but only in comparison to the centurions season which was outstanding. He is still a damn good player, contributes a big part, and will be missed when he leaves, if that happens.

None of that is related to Grealish btw, for clarity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.