It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't win the league last season without Bernie.

He was immense for the last four months.

His performance away at Aston Villa is one of the finest I have seen from any City player in the last decade.

It was ten men and on a similar par to the ten man show Dave put on at Hull City.

Great player, great guy.
Away at Dortmund n’all, he was brilliant. It seemed like there wasn’t a moment in the game when Dortmund were in possession where he wasn’t closing their players down or cutting off passing lanes. He was playing as a false 9 but not getting massively involved with attacking play. It was a proper selfless performance.

That sort of thing is essential in a team that’s missed when it’s not there. I reckon only Zinchenko in our squad is the only other player who’s do that sort of job for the team.

Honestly if Messi still wants to come and we still want him 99% of the work has already been done. The deal could be done so quickly.

At the least it makes Spurs think.

If we get either Kane or Messi nobody is beating us. We would be terrifying.

We just have to make sure we get one of them.

We don't win the league last season without Bernie.

He was immense for the last four months.

His performance away at Aston Villa is one of the finest I have seen from any City player in the last decade.

It was ten men and on a similar par to the ten man show Dave put on at Hull City.

Great player, great guy.

The problem is, that both him and KDB play their best football on that "RCM" position..

Signing Grealish - means that now Pep has "Bernardo Type Player" on "LCM" position and this gives ability to bring KDB back to the midfield area (don't use him as False 9 any more - not even in "Big" matches)..

So I can see why would club want to sell Bernardo and why would Bernardo want to go as well..

Messi

Grealish Kdb foden sterling

Gundo/ferna

Back 4

Ederson

The 4 behind messi could also include Mahrez and Bernardo silva or torres

Sell gabby unfortunately

Last edited:
So the possible saga plays out as follows
1) New president says he’ll do anything he can to keep messi
2) Barca come out as skint
3) president says it’ll be ok. They’ll offer him what they can and are super confident he’ll stay
4) Barca sign his best mate (this is the bit I don’t get in this scenario)
5) Barca legend Pep strangely says Sergio is going to play with messi (making sure pep keeps his Barca legendary status)
6) tebes states Barca must sell double of what they sign to avoid sanctions
7) president says he’s hopeful but confident they’ll re sign him
8) Sergio says he’s trying to convince messi every day to stay
9) messi runs down contract therefore eligible for 40m loyalty bonus from barca
10) Barca say everyone including messi and pep/tixi/far want him to sign new contract but they can’t offer new contract due to financial disaster left by previous president
11) messi waivers loyalty bonus to save Barca from bankruptcy
12) city sign poor Lionel who is heartbroken but very happy and excited about his new challenge
13) city top load the 40m Barca loyalty bonus somewhere into his city contract
14) everyone comes out of it looking good except the previous Barca regime
15) the bbc news reports a strange smell of boiling piss all across the country

how does that sound @tolmie's hairdoo ?
Well I was mostly right so far. Just the small issue of us signing him now ;)
P.s. just realised how much I hate people quoting their own posts so I’ll get my coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.