It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was at Spurs, but under Pep, he has developed greater flexibility in his game to include central defensive and midfield roles.

He's far more than a traditional full back, and that's why he kèeps Cancelo out of the starting line-up.
Walker rarely moves into centre midfield unless there is space to run into when he has the ball. You want to disagree? As for tucking in to make a back 3, again it's hardly revolutionary, almost every team who play a back 4 play that way. Want to disagree? When Cancelo plays he plays a different role to Walker, he goes into midfield much more because he's more comfortable on the ball, and I assume is given greater licence by Pep. Do you want to explain what Walkers midfield role is? Coz I reckon you have made that one up.

Soon changed his tune.

He has to do as he is told at Talk Sport.

If you "watched" Talkport on line, Sinclair could not stop beaming ever time he talked about Grealish, he clearly rates him highly and is clearly delighted he has signed for us.

Not as fan of Sinclair as a pundit, he is poor, but on this give the guy a break.

Yes. He's the definition on a flying fullback. He'll fly forward on an overlap and put a cross into a box. We have 3 types of fullbacks and all have their purposes. Walker is used mainly for his defence, but will go forward and put in a cross into the box. The inverted fullback like Zinch is used as an extra holding midfielder. The third is like Mendy who hugs the touchline high and wide. He creates width to let the winger come narrow and overload the side. In reality you'd want the fullback to be capable to do all 3 jobs for what the tactics require. The closest thing we have do doing it is Cancelo although he can be dodgy defensively.
Spot on.

How that’s made up is very important though and again I think we are seeing the press take the highest possible figure rather than the base plus milestone payments possible.

Just my view but will be interesting when we see the accounts, I don’t think it’s a straight up £100 million transfer still, I’m guessing 75 million plus £25 million in appearance, goals, league titles, cups and champions league bonus payments.

Still 100m though. He is likely to hit most of the performance triggers I would think. It isn't a complaint at all btw, I'm actually trying to say that it doesn't really matter. The reported figure isn't going away anywhere, that has now stuck. Even if both villa and us were to come out and claim an actual fee of 75m, it would still be widely seen and talked about as 100m.

The more interesting one for me is the length of contract, 6 years. Making it a fee of 16.5 per season on average.

There is been a fair bit of discussion whether (hypothetically) Kane and Grealish replacing Aguero and Bernardo improves our team. Mostly on the Grealish thread.

Similar hypothetical question (particularly for those that argued no), does Kane, Grealish and Messi instead of Aguero Bernardo and Jesus improve our team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.