It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does keeping Jesus to take 7 opportunities to score. Or we could give Palmer or McAtee a go and find we don't need Jesus anyway. We're talking about generational talents here who've just thumped 3 Championship sides. If Chelsea can trust Abraham, Hudson-Odoi etc, Liverpool trust N Williams and Nat Phillips we can trust these lads.
It always comes back to are they good enough. You and many others may think so, but ultimately, Pep has to decide.

it wouldn’t be for every position. Just one or two. Also we have a squad now where most players can play in multiple positions anyway.

for instance why not have Palmer as second choice behind mahrez. If he’s not quite ready Torres or Sterling can always play there as well
Fair enough, but whoever steps in has to have convinced Pep they are worthy of selection for first team games.

But that discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

I would think letting Jesus go is purely dependent upon getting Kane and even then , only if a club makes a suitable offer, he won't be leaving on the chaep.

Torres a year older and hopefully more settled with the club/culture, big season for him and make or break for his long term future with us.
Just think relying on kane only is leaving us a bit short...even short term injuries could be costly.

So potentially players out of squad

Bernardo
Laporte
Jesus

Players in

Grealish
Sandler
Kane

Are we happy with that

Berny is just very likable and puts a shift in but if he wants to go them so be it. Grealish is ample replacememt in the midfield area

Strangely I am non plused by laporte leaving which I thought would bother me, if he goes I am happy with us having Dias, Stones and Ake, plus sandlers return.

Jesus, I am of those that see beyond his goals (even though his record isn't even bad) and don't want him to go, if he does them will be sad to see, but if Kane arrives and our striking options are him and torres with several false 9s available fine.

So yes overall am happy with that.

Just think relying on kane only is leaving us a bit short...even short term injuries could be costly.
I’d rather just be relying on Kane than Jesus as it currently is. We probably prefer Jesus to stay however after aguero leaving and giving him a chance we look set to not trust him and bring Kane in so he might not fancy it. We are more than covered with short term injuries with the false 9, long term we may come unstuck,

I’d rather just be relying on Kane than Jesus as it currently is. We probably prefer Jesus to stay however after aguero leaving and giving him a chance we look set to not trust him and bring Kane in so he might not fancy it. We are more than covered with short term injuries with the false 9, long term we may come unstuck,
Agree...thinknee need both if it has to be kane that we get.
I'm sure pep said he wouldn't really want to use false 9 as teams were getting use to it....could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.