It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always ask myself whether players can still improve and whether any new players will lead to an improvement in others. Sterling arguably looked his best when we played with more pace and space, and Sane helped create much of that, but if Grealish leads to more possession and squeezing the play, then Sterling’s lack of control will only be exposed again. By contrast, Bernardo and Jesus might benefit from Grealish, and Bernardo would certainly benefit if we signed Kane.

Just been catching up on the thread from last 24 hours. There's a lot of doom and gloom after Pep's press conference.

I don't get it. Firstly we've just broken the transfer record and bought an exciting, direct, attacking player that gets people off their seats. Exactly what we needed after the side to side and back to the goalie passing of last year. A bit more drive towards the goal.

Next, did no one else notice how chilled Pep looked? He had a bit of a glint in his eye. Yes he said players want to go, yes he said the Kane deal was dead unless Spuds change their stance, yes he said we had no plans for Messi...

But his eyes were laughing all the time...
He was really saying, " Come and have a go if you think your hard enough, We are going to rip off your heads and piss in the holes this year"

So any ways...... Have we signed Messi yet.... Be great if he landed on the pitch at half time today in a helicopter flown by Kane.....

I found those rumours strange maybe coming from Sterling camp that he is refusing to be in any kind of swap deal. I saw that popping up 3 different times at least before Euros, during euros even once after the euros.

Could be Sterling.

Also I dont think City would offer Sterling for Kane, neither that Spurs would make Sterling happy. but still its a strange rumour of denying being in any possible swap deal I dont see that for any of our other players popping up.

also it is rumoured that we are working on renewal with him. I really dont know what Pep of think of him, he trusted him for the CL final but did rotate him out for most of the real big CL games before that. his form was not good enough last season that is sure and much better season needed from him if he stays and wants to be a regular in first 11.

but again I cannot see potential buyers for him in this current market unless its an extremely bad sell for us for a shit fee.

but also would I offer him am improved salary on his already big contract and not having him down as one of the guaranteed starters? can he kept on bench with sitting on a 300K+ salary?
up until last season Sterling was one of the first name on the teamsheet for Pep played almost always when fit and was rarely subbed off either, he is not injury prone and quite goof fitness overall.

very very interesting situation around Sterling imo.

I can't believe that there was any negotiation taking place where Sterling was offered from our side as part of the deal

If we don't get Kane I'd honestly give Torres a run. Just Chuck him in at the deep end and see how he does
If we don’t get Kane then can’t see us going for second or third best and we go with what we have

Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Delap and even Kev up front if need be

Still can see this happening though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.