It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I dont disagree with moving them on if they dont want to be here the loss of kun, Bernardo and jesus with grealish and kane coming in makes us weaker in terms of options.
We would have one main striker (kane). Torres is a possibility but at present for me something about him doesnt sit tight with me....big season after a year adapting but it feels like he may not like the premiership and want a return to warmer climates ( just gut feeling nothing else and o could be well off the mark).....also as a leader of the line/no.9 he has a lot to develop

Will Pep persist with false 9 at times? It's been suggested he would be reluctant as teams will work it out.

Delap seems to be going on loan to stoke.

Our top goal scorer was gundo last year who had his best ever goal return in his career....If we get Kane we will have to rotate him at times and as a traditional no.9 he is less flexible in terms of where he can play and therefore how the team plays

For these reasons I'd keep Jesus
I would mate but not being happy doesn't bode well. Just hope we get kane pal

While I dont disagree with moving them on if they dont want to be here the loss of kun, Bernardo and jesus with grealish and kane coming in makes us weaker in terms of options.
We would have one main striker (kane). Torres is a possibility but at present for me something about him doesnt sit tight with me....big season after a year adapting but it feels like he may not like the premiership and want a return to warmer climates ( just gut feeling nothing else and o could be well off the mark).....also as a leader of the line/no.9 he has a lot to develop

Will Pep persist with false 9 at times? It's been suggested he would be reluctant as teams will work it out.

Delap seems to be going on loan to stoke.

Our top goal scorer was gundo last year who had his best ever goal return in his career....If we get Kane we will have to rotate him at times and as a traditional no.9 he is less flexible in terms of where he can play and therefore how the team plays

For these reasons I'd keep Jesus
Kane is an upgrade on last season which was hardly any aguero and jesus alone.
Grealish for Bernardo is an upgrade on the basis that Bernardo would rather be elsewhere and the obvious subconscious impact on him.
it also freshens things up

So potentially players out of squad

Bernardo
Laporte
Jesus

Players in

Grealish
Sandler
Kane

Are we happy with that

I will be delighted if we can get Kane!

For me, Grealish is a considerable upgrade on Bernardo too.

I don’t want Laporte to leave though, we need more than two top central defenders, it’s a long season. We need to keep Jesus too, whether Kane comes or not. Can’t just have one striker.

I will be delighted if we can get Kane!

For me, Grealish is a considerable upgrade on Bernardo too.

I don’t want Laporte to leave though, we need more than two top central defenders, it’s a long season. We need to keep Jesus too, whether Kane comes or not. Can’t just have one striker.
I thought Laporte was excellent during the Euro's but Like Pep says if players want out then they should leave.
I think Sandler can do a job for us, been really impressed pre season.

I know mate, but our priority should've been a new striker all day long. I'm happy Grealish has signed but he wasn't a priority, so that money in my eyes should've gone towards Kane first
Our priority is a striker. We were obviously interested in Kane and Grealish so that tells me we had budget for both.
The order in which they arrive is irrelevant.

I found those rumours strange maybe coming from Sterling camp that he is refusing to be in any kind of swap deal. I saw that popping up 3 different times at least before Euros, during euros even once after the euros.

Could be Sterling.

Also I dont think City would offer Sterling for Kane, neither that Spurs would make Sterling happy. but still its a strange rumour of denying being in any possible swap deal I dont see that for any of our other players popping up.

also it is rumoured that we are working on renewal with him. I really dont know what Pep of think of him, he trusted him for the CL final but did rotate him out for most of the real big CL games before that. his form was not good enough last season that is sure and much better season needed from him if he stays and wants to be a regular in first 11.

but again I cannot see potential buyers for him in this current market unless its an extremely bad sell for us for a shit fee.

but also would I offer him am improved salary on his already big contract and not having him down as one of the guaranteed starters? can he kept on bench with sitting on a 300K+ salary?
up until last season Sterling was one of the first name on the teamsheet for Pep played almost always when fit and was rarely subbed off either, he is not injury prone and quite goof fitness overall.

very very interesting situation around Sterling imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.