It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jesus would be rated high enough by Pep we wouldnt be in for Kane, simple as that. He likes his workrate, yes thats imo his best skill not the attacking skills unfortunately.

Jesus had a big chance last year due to Kun being out line 6-7 months, to solidfy himself as the main striker but Pep opted for false 9, Gundogan becoming a force and as the season went on Jesus found himself being rotated out for more important games. and when he played his goal tally was not really convincing.

I think Jesus best would be in a 442 or 352 tactics in another club where there is a goal machine striker next to him and Jesus is doing the hard work of pressing, tiring defences etc. but not really in our way of playing a front three against mostly packed PL defences with lack of space to exploit and you really need to score your chance when you get it and not mumble around with it.

If Jesus would be rated high enough by Pep we wouldnt be in for Kane, simple as that. He likes his workrate, yes thats imo his best skill not the attacking skills unfortunately.

Jesus had a big chance last year due to Kun being out line 6-7 months, to solidfy himself as the main striker but Pep opted for false 9, Gundogan becoming a force and as the season went on Jesus found himself being rotated out for more important games. and when he played his goal tally was not really convincing.

I think Jesus best would be in a 442 or 352 tactics in another club where there is a goal machine striker next to him and Jesus is doing the hard work of pressing, tiring defences etc. but not really in our way of playing a front three against mostly packed PL defences with lack of space to exploit and you really need to score your chance when you get it and not mumble around with it.
Of course, but think it's telling if we can't get Kane, Pep is happy to go with Jesus as his plan B. We don't seem to have lined up any other plan B.

Exactly. Jack and hopefully Kane will impact the first 11. It’s about time we start to see a few of the academy lads over players that want to leave.

We need to move away from 2 world class players for each position. Impossible to keep them all happy. Upgrade the first 14 with quality and the rest youth.
Disagree, its the 2 world class in every position that has had us in the hunt for every trophy we have competed for since Pep’s second season. On the whole, we kept the group happy for the last 5 years (Sane aside).
I think the plan is for 2-3 ‘breakthrough’ talents of Foden’s stature to replace some of those who want to leave, but if they are not at that elite level (spottted in Foden very early) then we will buy the right player.
There is no room/time for blooding youngsters in the traditional way, as the owners wont accept a season or 2 of mediocrity. It’s the price of success.

Disagree, its the 2 world class in every position that has had us in the hunt for every trophy we have competed for since Pep’s second season. On the whole, we kept the group happy for the last 5 years (Sane aside).
I think the plan is for 2-3 ‘breakthrough’ talents of Foden’s stature to replace some of those who want to leave, but if they are not at that elite level (spottted in Foden very early) then we will buy the right player.
There is no room/time for blooding youngsters in the traditional way, as the owners wont accept a season or 2 of mediocrity. It’s the price of success.
We don’t keep them happy tho. 3/4 looking out according to Pep. It’s ok being in the hunt but not going for the kill?

Jesus is a decent footballer, obviously, to be playing at this level, but so lacking in the reliable finishing department.
If this was a lad from the academy we'd probably all be saying nice try, but not quite good enough. I really don't get the vehement and consistent backing of him.
Oh well, here comes yet another season for him to "step up".

Last edited:
14 top quality players. 11 starters with 3 subs of equal quality.

The main point I was trying to make is that we don’t need 2 world class players for each position. Over the last few seasons we have seen squad players of a supposedly high quality not deliver when we lose our key players.

You may not agree and can rightly state that we won the league and got to the latter stages in all tournaments and it is a valid argument.

Imo we have big reputations in the squad but when called upon they have failed to deliver. The league run in last season is an example of this. Yes focus moved to the champions league but our supposedly world class players did not see us romping home. The champions league final is another point.

I would prefer to trim the core squad to 14 high quality players and support these players with academy graduates.

I don’t buy we have a world class squad. Maybe in names but not when we need them to turn up on the pitch.
so, ederson gets injured will he be replaced by a world class player or an eds keeper,, the way we go for every cup we need a big squad of very good players,with the youth covering them

Jesus is a decent footballer, obviously, to be playing at this level, but so lacking in the reliable finishing department.
If this was a lad from the academy we'd probably all be saying nice try, but not quite good enough. I really dont get the vehement and consistent backing of him.
Oh well here comes yet another season for him to "step up".
He is a great rotation option but the fact that we changed our entire system at least partly because he couldn’t be consistently relied on as a centre forward tells its own story. When Sergio was out it should have been Jesus who stepped up to the plate rather than relying on Gundo.
His goal record also flatters to deceive somewhat. He always seems to score lots in big victories against the weaker sides but rarely seems to bag the ‘heavy goals’ that eg Edin was famous for.
At his age and with a world cup coming up he probably needs to go and be a first choice somewhere.
It also wouldn’t surprise me if he was a huge success somewhere else where he can concentrate on being a pure striker with fewer defensive commitments than he has in our team.

so, ederson gets injured will he be replaced by a world class player or an eds keeper,, the way we go for every cup we need a big squad of very good players,with the youth covering them
Injuries unfortunately do play an important role each season so maybe we need 15 world class players instead of 14 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.