It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be actively looking to shift Laporte if we think Sandler is capable. For me, Laporte is a bit of a cryarse, more suitable to playing in that team from 19/20.

It's clear that we need to sell to buy now.

I still think Sterling's issue last season was a lack of crowds... watching on TV with the fake crowd was ok (ish) but listening to the raw stadium audio was just plain weird.
Once he was in the euro's (with crowds) his perfomances picked up massively... coincidence? Maybe...
I wonder if it was tiredness.

He'd had three big seasons where he was playing more than any other forwards, and then, with no break, came into this tough season.

As someone who recovers quickly he was pushed hard early on, and despite being a bit hit and miss, he was by far our most effective attacker, with more assists/goals than anyone else. Ultimately it probably caught up with him.

He came into the Euros having played a lot less than he normally would, and so was likely more rested than most.

His time was last season with sergio out ,he is a winger not a striker
what on earth did he even show on the wing that people decided he's good there? I don't remember him particularly excelling there. Is it just a nice way for people to admit to themselves he's way off the mark as a striker?

what on earth did he even show on the wing that people decided he's good there? I don't remember him particularly excelling there. Is it just a nice way for people to admit to themselves he's way off the mark as a striker?

I certainly don’t think he’s a winger, he’s definitely meant to be a striker but his problem is he’s not really got that striker’s instinct. He’s more of a forward with good movement off the ball, his finishing isn’t enough to be the main striker here.

I think he’d do well in Spain or Italy, but he’s worth keeping for the goals he does chip in with, just not as the main (or only) number 9.

Exactly. Jack and hopefully Kane will impact the first 11. It’s about time we start to see a few of the academy lads over players that want to leave.

We need to move away from 2 world class players for each position. Impossible to keep them all happy. Upgrade the first 14 with quality and the rest youth.
I might be reading this wrong but you want just 14 senior players? We literally wouldn’t be in the running for any trophy with so few senior players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.