It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so. The xfer window is still open.

I will observe however - that City in the past have conducted big business very early on in the xfer window - signing up-and-coming potential stars mostly at the start.
===
This window is very strange - due to the impact of COVID.

I trust our management though.

Might we have concluded that there are few/no real bargain buys in the mould of our previous windows? That we're going to have to spend big on Grealish and - hopefully - Kane - and we'll need to settle. With business as usual picking up next window?

Just so. The xfer window is still open.

I will observe however - that City in the past have conducted big business very early on in the xfer window - signing up-and-coming potential stars mostly at the start.
===
This window is very strange - due to the impact of COVID.

I trust our management though.

Might we have concluded that there are few/no real bargain buys in the mould of our previous windows? That we're going to have to spend big on Grealish and - hopefully - Kane - and we'll need to settle. With business as usual picking up next window?
We haven't usually done all our business early, and we haven't replaced one of Europes best strikers before either. So there is nothing at all strange about it.

Its both a case of opportunity and needs must,as we'll be further reminded when Kane signs.

A couple of outgoings will probably see our business done with hopefully a modest net spend.
Silva almost certainly was going to leave us - so Grealish as replacement - I guess (I'd argue that we're well off in attacking mid and needed shoring up at other positions but if the xfer window is against us I've no big issue with the Grealish signing - I think that Grealish will be a big asset to our side - albeit very expensive).

And at striker - we've no one at proven top class - so pursing Kane makes sense - especially since Kane clearly wants to play for us (a huge plus for Pep) - and yet, dealing with Levy - it's obvious that any deal will occur late in the xfer window and will cost us dearly.

A tough transfer window.

Our successful transfer formula - identifying up-and-coming potential stars and then signing them - does not seem to fit this window at all.
How does (our only signing so far) Grealish not ft into that catagory, but de Bruyne, Mahrez, Cancelo, Bernardo, Rodri, Laporte, Walker etc. do??

Nonsense.

Kane is an outlier, he'd be the first ready-made superstar City have ever bought in my lifetime.
Grealish is almost exactly the same profile as previous signings.
Young (25), proven but desperate for trophies. Coming from a team not in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.