It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does (our only signing so far) Grealish not ft into that catagory, but de Bruyne, Mahrez, Cancelo, Bernardo, Rodri, Laporte, Walker etc. do??

Nonsense.

Kane is an outlier, he'd be the first ready-made superstar City have ever bought in my lifetime.
Grealish is almost exactly the same profile as previous signings.
Young (25), proven but desperate for trophies. Coming from a team not in Europe.
Perhaps Grealish fits this mould - but 100M pounds... not sure.

Regardless of Grealish, where are the other signings that I think we really need?

Assuming we sign Kane (we obviously need a striker or two) - I think we really need a DM, and could use a LB and CB (assuming Laporte leaves).

That we haven't done business for these positions - I think speaks to the difficulty of finding suitable signings this xfer window.

A tough transfer window.

Our successful transfer formula - identifying up-and-coming potential stars and then signing them - does not seem to fit this window at all.
If we are to get the best out of our existing talents and win the CL in the time Guardiola may have left with us, we needed a different approach. Even if we had persisted with our previous policy, we’d arguably have had to pay even more for Haaland, so a different rather than tough window.

A tough transfer window.

Our successful transfer formula - identifying up-and-coming potential stars and then signing them - does not seem to fit this window at all.

Tough? If we get Kane it’ll be the best transfer window since Yaya, David Silva and Mario!

Tough would be if we ended up with another Mangala and just a youngster with possible potential like Torres while those cunts get Sancho and Varane and Chelsea get a proper striker.

As it is, Grealish is a fantastic player who’ll fit in really well, and hopefully we’re about to sign the best striker in the country! That’s a bloody amazing transfer window. It’s also very good for commercial deals and attracting new young fans by breaking transfer records - it’s a great image to have, that of billy big bollocks, winners, the top dogs not only in Manchester but in the country. I fucking love it.

And I trust those running the club to know if we can afford it or not.

Regardless of Grealish, where are the other signings that I think we really need?

Assuming we sign Kane (we obviously need a striker or two) - I think we really need a DM, and could use a LB and CB (assuming Laporte leaves).

That we haven't done business for these positions - I think speaks to the difficulty of finding suitable signings this xfer window.
No offence but NOBODY gives the slightest fuck ever about what signings you think we need,particularly anyone at the club!!
Sorry if this comes as a shock to you ;)
City will sign who THEY think THEY need.

No offence but NOBODY gives the slightest fuck ever about what signings you think we need,particularly anyone at the club!!
Sorry if this comes as a shock to you ;)
City will sign who THEY think THEY need.
This comment is amazingly insightful. Thanks for your contribution to this discussion!

You know? - I really did think that City was going to sign whom I thought they should sign as opposed to what management thinks they should sign. Again - thanks for clarifying this point for me.

We have two senior defensive midfielders and two senior left backs. Provided none of them are leaving, we don't "need" anyone else in those positions. You might think that we can improve on what we have but it's not a priority until someone leaves.

We haven't signed anyone in those positions because the club aren't looking to sign anyone apart from Grealish and Kane. Nothing to do with finding suitable signings, we don't want to.

We have two senior defensive midfielders and two senior left backs. Provided none of them are leaving, we don't "need" anyone else in those positions. You might think that we can improve on what we have but it's not a priority until someone leaves.
Fernandinho, Rodri and Gundo at DM (that said I really like Rodri and Gundo but they're not destroyers - Fernandinho, as fantastic as he was, is now well past his prime but will likely contribute as a valued backup).

Mendi and Zinchenko at LB?

Not a priority to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.