It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about injuries. My point is - fucking ridiculous to give Kun away without someone already signed as replacement.

Kun's last games for us coming back after injury - fucking amazing - world class. No one in our side could have come close to scoring the goals he did.

And that's the point - even now, an aging Kun can single-handedly change the game. He's gone. And we have no replacement so far.
===
I remember when we first signed Kun. I was a skeptic.

Anyhow, I remember Mancini subbing him on lateish (past 60th minute? cant recall) in his debut. What did Kun do? He scored twice - two amazing goals.

Kun still has this in him. I get that we moved him on. I do not get that we moved him on without already having lined up a replacement.
Have you been living in a cave for 18 months? He’s just recovered from one injury now he’s injured for another 10 weeks. He’s fucked, completely the right choice to let him go.

Same feeling myself today, such an ott reaction to a loss. All negative comments with few examples of intelligent analysis of the pros and cons of the game, difficult to find posts by fans capable of reasoned opinions and so many pushing their theories as facts where they are clearly no more than their opinions.
All social media in a nutshell

Found this funny comment on twitter.
This can be a scenario if shit hits the fan and how typical City it would be!

We will still win the Carabao Cup mind you!
Screenshot_2021-08-17-13-50-43-85.jpg

Looking at the striker situation, the DM situation, the LB situation, I can't help but wondering why it was so important, so necessary to first sign an attacking midfielder. was it really the position we were desperately missing out on a player? we didn't even sell bernardo yet! just seems like there are some other glaring holes in the team and prioritizing an attacking midfielder will prove a mistake if we don't fill at least the striker position.

Found this funny comment on twitter.
This can be a scenario if shit hits the fan and how typical City it would be!

We will still win the Carabao Cup mind you!
View attachment 23870

I'm not quite sure if our owners expected Kane to get out of Spurs so easily or if they're playing the long game.

I do hope they're not stupid enough to believe Levy was going to roll over and let us have him without issue. Not flapping at all, just saying.

I do think it'll still get done purely because I don't think what's happening - Levy, high price, contract - will have come to a surprise to us.

I'm not quite sure if our owners expected Kane to get out of Spurs so easily or if they're playing the long game.

I do hope they're not stupid enough to believe Levy was going to roll over and let us have him without issue. Not flapping at all, just saying.

I do think it'll still get done purely because I don't think what's happening - Levy, high price, contract - will have come to a surprise to us.

People won't like this but City do take their sweet time for transfers without any release clauses and sometimes they don't get their target.

In my head here is how it goes : Pep tells everyone he needs Kane. The top brass says yes we will do it. We will get you Kane.

As soon as Txiki says yes to Kane - he understands he is talking this player with a three year contract and their main player from fucking Spurs - with a big time **** Levy in charge. At this point for me any logic and reasoning goes out of the window. We will have to pay that 30 million premium because its Levy and because its Spurs.

Is Kane worth that much to us - Hell NO!
But that's the game. It would be naive on our part to decide to get Kane and try to be frugal or logical about it. And it will cost us the season.
Ben White ain't 50 million worth. But he is english and is coming out from a english club. Ofcourse Arsenal had to pay above the odds. It's only logical if they wanted Ben White so much.

Also finding a striker is more difficult than any other position. That's what adds another 20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.