It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are clearly losing players this summer, perhaps some we don't expect? Does your list already factor in Sergio and Fern?

Hearing good news on Stones.

I wasn't really even considering if there would be foreign spots free, just pointing out that because we're already oversubscribed in association HG players, Grealish is going to take one of those foreign spots unless 2 of the 5 current HG players leave, so he's no different to Aouar in that respect.

What we really need are some more academy players coming through and taking squad roles so we can tap into those 4 club trained slots that have been empty since Micah left.

If we can do that then we'll never have to worry about foreign squad places again, because Pep and most other modern managers only want about 21/22 players in the squad.

H.G Stones, Sterling, Walker, Ake. guess Carson my go. Club trained Foden
Non H.G Ederson, Steffen, Cancelo, Mendy , Zinchenko, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Torres, Mahrez, Jesus
14. Which as far as I can see leaves 3 spots whether homegrown or non homegrown, Aguero and Fern replacements 3rd keeper, Or we promote an academy keeper and have one spare space.

No idea, while I would expect City to know on such matters, we also didn't foresee an issue for Douglas Luiz.

They are impressed by Herrera and there are a couple of other cut-price midfield targets they have also identified as potentials for two midfield slots.
This confirms then that Fernandinho isn’t getting an extension offer, or has but wants to try something else. Who is the other midfielder replacing? Or do we have a free spot already?

With the squad the way it is now, with Stones, Sterling, Walker & Carson taking up the 4 Association Home Grown spots, Grealish or Aouar would both take up foreign spots like Aké is currently despite being HG.

We would have to sell 2 of those 5 for Grealish to get registered as HG.
You're spot on, but I don't think Carson really comes into it as we would unregister him in a second if we ever needed to.

I wasn't really even considering if there would be foreign spots free, just pointing out that because we're already oversubscribed in association HG players, Grealish is going to take one of those foreign spots unless 2 of the 5 current HG players leave, so he's no different to Aouar in that respect.

What we really need are some more academy players coming through and taking squad roles so we can tap into those 4 club trained slots that have been empty since Micah left.

If we can do that then we'll never have to worry about foreign squad places again, because Pep and most other modern managers only want about 21/22 players in the squad.

Pretty much. We are at full capacity as it is. Sergio frees up a squad space. Dinho if he leaves frees up another. Any new player, englishnor otherwise takes up one ofnthose two spots. So there is room in the squad, just not as HG players. If we ignore the fact carson exists, like most do, that frees up another space in the squad, but not a HG spot as we'd still have 4.

In summary. Currently, no space in squad (giving carson the benefit of existance). 2 spaces for incoming players replacing Sergio and dinho, irrespective of nationality (or age, if we expect them to play CL). Anything above that requires people leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.