It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So keep a pretty pissed off player then? I love Bernie but the standard of his performances will drop dramatically if he is kept against his wishes as its human nature! Plus it will renege on the alleged agreement he has with Pep, where he gave us last season after Pep asked him to, on the understanding he could go this season ??
He asked to leave 12 months ago, was fine.

This mythical "Value", decided by who?

Bernardo is a pretty unique player, he isn't going to get double figures in goals and assists. He is a superb player in the right team, the exact sort of player that maybe a few years ago would have some competition to sign. At the minute it looks like Atletico are interested, purely to have Bernardo as a workhorse basically as thats how Simeone plays. One club interested and people think we are getting 100m.
He is worth more than €45M put it at that

And no other **** was in for grealish but he cost it, and no one seems into beranrdo bar one team so your nonsense £100M analogy means fuck all because it's horses for courses.

Berny is worth £65-70M or we sell ourselves short

And no other **** was in for grealish but he cost it, and no one seems into beranrdo bar one team so your nonsense £100M analogy means fuck all because it's horses for courses.

He isn’t worth that if we need to sell and the only offer is that. If we need to sell we have to take the best we can get.

At the end of the day, doesn't matter what we think. I guarantee if that offer is legit, hes gone.

Khaldoon, Omar and Txiki aren't in the business of pissing around with selling players. Plenty on here moan every summer with our sales, I don't see why we would take a stand with Bernardo and especially not this late in the market.

No one is paying 65m so its either 45m euros or whatever the deal is and Bernardo gets his move or he is left pissed off all year and he goes for something even worse next year.

This is where I get confused again. Let’s say the racehorse story is true and relevant. That would mean a price between City and Spurs has been agreed a while ago and the delay is just waiting for Spurs to get players in before other clubs realise they have our cash to spend.

How do we get from that to City putting a bid in yesterday that is our final offer? There would either be no need because that bit was agreed a while ago or it would just be part of the narrative. Either way there would be no need for a new offer and waiting to see if it was accepted.

What am I missing here? Contradictions everywhere….both stories can’t be true.
For what it's worth City price was or could have been accepted weeks ago & we have allowed Spurs to dictate the way its gone or going

Obviously his personal terms have been agreed although he has apparently seen his arse about No 10 then its going to the wire to get the thing over the line

If its done then it has to be before he leaves for the England camp next week

Medical, videos all take around 48 hours maybe so we have to be going with this no later than Friday imo or its over
No chance City want to pay big big bucks only to rush the signing, they have rolled the carpet out for Jack I expect the same for Kane & thats before England duty?

Then again I could be fookin miles away

Difficult season to organise moves for top players. Many who would like a move and ordinarily have a few options, have no-one who is willing to, or can match their wages (plus shell out for the transfer + commissions).

That changes the deal for clubs wanting to sell / players at a top club wanting a move, but not for us re:Grealish or Kane, both times we're a big club taking a small club's number one asset, we targetted them specifically, and in that case, it's always a seller's market unless your club is about to hit the rocks.

But it does change things for people like Bernie. Many others in the same boat. If Bernie gets a move then it will be because someone thinks extremely highly of him and did a lot of other deals to be able to afford it. The reality is, 80m value two years ago, still easily could be argued to be the same, but in the circumstances, no-one short of Real can pay that, and they have other priorities.

Who can he join? He wants CL and the Med, surely. The list is - Juve, AC, Real (busy and don't need him in particular), Barca (broke), Atletico. AC really are not very rich. Juve are struggling financially. The idea of AC paying 60m for a 28 year player who just goes straight in at the top of their wages is a total non-starter. Juve would only spend that money on another De Ligt or such.

I imagined it will be Atletico rather than AC, but looking at their summer, I don't know. They're signing a CF/LW - Matheus Cunha, but he might be a replacement for Nuno Gomes who is surely done with Atletico. Saul Niguez is definitely off - but they already got De Paul, who could be his replacement. Both players are tailored to Atletico's new formation.

Anyway. I'll be sad but ok but sad if he goes. If he got a promise from us, fair enough. Keep your promises to your best lads, or eat the consequence. No-one will trust you. It's really not Bernie's fault we waited and now the market looks like this. It just is what it is.

He does for me very much need replacing in midfield, although I wouldn't be suprised if Pep wanted to waste a shit load of time trying to shoehorn Foden and Grealish into that position.

I love the guy but he’s worth not a single cent more than market price and market price is whatever the market is willing to pay.
If his market price is say €45M then we can either sell him for that or keep a disenfranchised player who likely earns north of €6M a year and takes up a squad place.

If he wanted to stay then I certainly wouldn’t be happy to see him sold but he wants to be sold and I’d rather we take whatever we can get, keep our promise to him and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.