It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because..
a. Pep will just do whatever his players tell him to?
b. Ferran Torres doesn't exist?
I think he's quoting Pep.

Quotes from Pep about playing Torres centrally and Jesus on the wing at Norwich:

“I had the feeling,” Guardiola said, explaining his decision. “I spoke with Gabriel and he likes to play sometimes more in wider positions than the central one, and Ferran has a big sense for the goal, I would say a little bit higher than Gabriel when he plays in central positions.”

“(Torres’) movements are more towards the goal, Gabriel comes more to associate (link up), to drop a little bit, and Ferran makes movements more to the goal. With our lack of goals lately, we need a guy who can make a movement there.”

Well if your target is currently the best striker in Premier League the selling club will hardly just roll over and make it easy for us now would they? We need experience in attack, we need to replace goals of Sergio, the whole 'project striker' is where the list grows, but in experience terms, there's hardly any great/attainable options, Kane is the most ideal candidate, same scenario.
I strongly disagree, as I have spent the last months doing, and with days to end this nightmare, I can’t be bothered to repeat the same points yet again.

We can’t look at last season with weakened teams (even in UCL, no Sancho and Mbappe in one game) and no fans, something that changed the dynamic of the game. Have to look now. If you look at Chelsea’s squad, they’re not as talented as ours, but it’s certainly more balanced. They don’t have the “holes” like you mentioned.
I get you mate, hence my reasoning, just think the 2 defensive positions could have been addressed earlier. Not been addressed for 2 seasons and more now, while each season we have made it work by tweaking our attack and not being limited, despite issues of personnel not being available/out of form. The defensive issues are still the main letdown for this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.