It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean the club.. I mean the fans.
The club won't get complacent; they're business savvy. It's fans like you who seem to think that the current level of success is going to last forever.
The reason why I think we’ll still be successful for years to come is because the people in charge have been pretty much faultless for years. Until we’re owned by a dickhead yank that sucks money out of a club or Daniel Levy, I have no worries and neither should you. I’m expecting a slight dip within the next couple of years, but that’s football for you, it goes in cycles. At the minute, we’re still signing quality players and have got a young, healthy look squad with a world class manager.

How about you stop trying to put a negative twist on everything and just enjoy what City are offering at the minute.

Spending £100m on a player in a position where we had no obvious need?
I like Grealish, but we need a striker. That's where we should be throwing money.

You said we needed to get serious in spending money (like the big boys or something like that). I was merely pointing out that we have been spending serious money (or trying to at least in the case of Kane).

Personally I think Grealish was a buy we needed to make. KDB isn't getting any younger and is picking up injuries fairly regularly. Mahrez is also around 30 I think and not the most consistent. Sterling has been a bit hit and miss etc.

I'd like to see us get a competent striker of course and there's still a fair chance that it will happen.

So from the last few posts we've planned fantastically and replaced De Bruyne 3 to 4 years early and planned terribly not bothering to replace Aguero which we should have done at least a year ago.

Whatever way we all look at it, we're in desperate need of a striker and to put absolutely everything into signing Kane and then not doing so is a 'failure' on the negotiating teams part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.