It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football has years of guaranteed prize and TV money, Harrods dont. Plenty of clubs will be back to normal next summer, guaranteed.
Summer coming up or Summer 2022? Either way, clubs (and paid TV) depend on paying customers, no normal individual is coming out of this any time soon. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Including whether Covid is actually coming to an end BTW.

Summer coming up or Summer 2022? Either way, clubs (and paid TV) depend on paying customers, no normal individual is coming out of this any time soon. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Including whether Covid is actually coming to an end BTW.
2022 proper but 2021 will still see hundreds of millions spent. Well they have taken a hit on matchday revenue for sure but they will sell thousands of new shirts when they get released and if anything more people are watching on BT and Sky so that money is going nowhere.

2022 proper but 2021 will still see hundreds of millions spent. Well they have taken a hit on matchday revenue for sure but they will sell thousands of new shirts when they get released and if anything more people are watching on BT and Sky so that money is going nowhere.
They've had some very good deals for Sky Sports if not BT (not sure on them) this past year, they've also televised every single game. I can't see either continuing next season but we'll have to wait and see on that.

As sure as night follows day, if there is an economic downturn there will be people who have lost jobs right through to those who are now affected by food inflation. That has to affect the numbers of subscribers when it’s a choice between watching football or feeding the family.

This is the backdrop for any club spending money this summer. There will be adverse publicity for some (us). whereas others will get an easy ride.

As sure as night follows day, if there is an economic downturn there will be people who have lost jobs right through to those who are now affected by food inflation. That has to affect the numbers of subscribers when it’s a choice between watching football or feeding the family.

This is the backdrop for any club spending money this summer. There will be adverse publicity for some (us). whereas others will get an easy ride.
And energy inflation with the removal of the cap by Boris. EDF decided to randomly bang £30 (exactly) a month on my DD with no explanation although I did get them to put it back. I'm always in credit BTW so it's not due to increased usage.

I would bet Kane wants a top tier league not Ligue 1, so he’ll be staying at Spurs till he’s 30 if Levy is a man of his supposed word...

Circa £45mill with add-ons for Sane (which I think would have been triggered by now).

Lukaku, despite what fans think, is a highly valued player as shown by all of his transfers and the current rumours.

Bale was world class (perhaps still is) and was worth it.

China was just stupid at that time and they've rightly reined them in.

Negredo had 1 brilliant season with us and then turned out to be a journeyman who moved multiple times. We got more than we paid and his next move after leaving us was for 1/10th of that fee (just 2 years later).

Otamendi cost us £40mill for 5 years of excellent service and we sold him for over £13mill at 32 years of age.

You only generally get more for a player than you paid if you sell at their peak, we just don't do that. You are aware of amortisation I presume?

Tosin was possibly aided by us not wanting to hamper his career and I'm not 100% convinced it wasn't a good deal for us anyway.

I'm always surprised by this continuing narrative from City fans that we can't sell players at their 'worth'. Trolls and the perennially stupid I can understand but some, otherwise seemingly intelligent posters, seem to have bought into it. Very baffling.
wouldn't be surprised if Tosin didnt take a pay cut either or at least wages off books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.