It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we only got £41m for Sane but may be wrong.
SWP was our 3rd biggest sale and that must be 15 years ago at least. Danilo was our 2nd highest fee (£30m) and that seemingly was part of the Cancelo deal where we are meant to have paid £60m.
When you consider what Chelsea have got for players, Lukaku sale by United, Bale to Madrid , Oscar to China, we appear to be very low with what we get for players. Negredo and Otamendi are in our top 10 sales and we got less than we paid for them in the 1st place.
I see where you're coming from re: keeping players on long term contracts but I firmly believe that we could get more from our sales.
Tosin is one example

Yea but I dont think that's entirely fair

United got £65mil for Lukaku, but cost between £75-90mil getting him in

Likewise you see Di Maria, recouped them best oart of £55/60mil but cost them almost £70mil

Both were genuine world class players hence the fee but both were sold at a loss

Why not look at Depay, they bought him ofor £35mil and sold him for £15mil, and now he's worth probably more again

Chelsea are the best of it, but for every Oscar etc. They let can't shift Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Bakayoko etc. Who will probably get to the end of their contracts and recoup no fees And those three cost £100mil together

Chelsea are also guilty of selling Mata/Matic to direct rivals when they were still very very good, don't see them as good deals per se

And obviously the fact they spent about £30mil bringing in Salah/KDB/Lukaku only to sell them for less about £65mil....then of as a decent amount but all 3 of those individually are worth more than £65mil now

Tosin was really bad, but same time I think the club do a good job of treating our players fairly and think that influenced the decision to let go if Tosin, he wouldn't have featured, has spent a long time with us, into his final career so why demand a high fee...the kid deserved a chance to show what he can do

SWP was our 3rd biggest sale and that must be 15 years ago at least. Danilo was our 2nd highest fee (£30m) and that seemingly was part of the Cancelo deal where we are meant to have paid £60m.
When you consider what Chelsea have got for players, Lukaku sale by United, Bale to Madrid , Oscar to China, we appear to be very low with what we get for players. Negredo and Otamendi are in our top 10 sales and we got less than we paid for them in the 1st place.
I see where you're coming from re: keeping players on long term contracts but I firmly believe that we could get more from our sales.
Tosin is one example

We actually did rather well out of Otamendi we sold him past his prime for a high fee think the same would be said of negredo at the time but not sure

Negredo - £24mil
Iheanacho - £25mil
Robinho - £19mil
Balotelli - £18mil
Jovetic - £14mil
Javi Garcia - £14mil
Unal - £13mil
Bony - £12mil
Johnson - £12mil
Maffeo - £12mil
Rodwell - £11mil

You see how the above players fared after they left us we did fantastically bringing in those fees for those players, plus we look like we were justified letting go of Diaz and Matondo...even Rony Lopez who apart from one insane season at Monaco a few years back really hasn't done much with his career

Yes we lost money for most along the way for a lot of the above but we had to spend big to get where we are so loses were bound to happen, but they are some good returns

Negredo - £24mil
Iheanacho - £25mil
Robinho - £19mil
Balotelli - £18mil
Jovetic - £14mil
Javi Garcia - £14mil
Unal - £13mil
Bony - £12mil
Johnson - £12mil
Maffeo - £12mil
Rodwell - £11mil

You see how the above players fared after they left us we did fantastically bringing in those fees for those players, plus we look like we were justified letting go of Diaz and Matondo...even Rony Lopez who apart from one insane season at Monaco a few years back really hasn't done much with his career

Yes we lost money for most along the way for a lot of the above but we had to spend big to get where we are so loses were bound to happen, but they are some good returns
selling rodwell for 11m with his injury recrod was genius business
and 25m for Kelechi was great to

Tosin is one example
Circa £45mill with add-ons for Sane (which I think would have been triggered by now).

Lukaku, despite what fans think, is a highly valued player as shown by all of his transfers and the current rumours.

Bale was world class (perhaps still is) and was worth it.

China was just stupid at that time and they've rightly reined them in.

Negredo had 1 brilliant season with us and then turned out to be a journeyman who moved multiple times. We got more than we paid and his next move after leaving us was for 1/10th of that fee (just 2 years later).

Otamendi cost us £40mill for 5 years of excellent service and we sold him for over £13mill at 32 years of age.

You only generally get more for a player than you paid if you sell at their peak, we just don't do that. You are aware of amortisation I presume?

Tosin was possibly aided by us not wanting to hamper his career and I'm not 100% convinced it wasn't a good deal for us anyway.

I'm always surprised by this continuing narrative from City fans that we can't sell players at their 'worth'. Trolls and the perennially stupid I can understand but some, otherwise seemingly intelligent posters, seem to have bought into it. Very baffling.

A Russian gangster businessman cooking the books, unheard of surely.

I think the fact that a single bidder for one of their players regularly bids way over the market value is a giveaway - as was the case in Luiz’s mysterious sabbatical in Paris - clearly a manoeuvre designed to swerve FFP. UEFA and the FA have no issue with Russian oligarchs however, nothing to see in those Cypriot bank accounts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.