It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least we flushed out a few more ITL Twitter accounts with the Ronaldo story.

Ol Grimesey is history now.

If Ronaldo is on the reported 480k per week then I’m glad we dropped out of the race. Trafford are fucking small time, signing a player just so we can’t have him.

Small time fucking wankers and there’s no way they’ll be in for Haaland nor Chelsea for that matter.

I actually think we’ve played a blinder here. Forced the rags to shit themselves and sign Ronaldo for 2 years and walked away from giving Levy the dosh for Kane. Chelsea have got Lukaku so effectively ruling them out of the Haaland race. We’ve done pretty well here in my opinion.

We were trying to replace Aguero, statistically the best overseas player the PL has had. We've had at least one year, probably two, to know he needed replacing. You can't do that in the last four days of a transfer window, those deals will take months to resolve. So we either buy a Danny Ings type to be the long-term backup and probably best choice this season, or we go into the season with only one player anyone would call a striker, and even he wants to play in another position. Worse, we blow the Kane money on some striker who's first name will be FFS by Xmas.

Yet again we win the league, look at a glaring issue with the squad and decide to chance it. Whilst we won it last season, the others have strengthened and a better points total is going to be required. And that's ignoring the issues at left back even before this week's, er, news.

Yes we tried for Kane, but that should have been a pretty simple deal - ring Levy, ask him how much and then you either pay it or you don't. There's no negotiation, he doesn't do it, the best you might manage is some of it on tick. Doesn't make him some master negotiator, as it's not a negotiation, it's a fixed price. Why we therefore spent months staring at the fax machine trying to decide what offer to make rather than laughing at the quoted price and moving on is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.