It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have won the league 3 times since Mourinho was fired in 2007. That's 3 titles in 15 seasons.

We've won it 3 times in 4 seasons.

Who the fuck thinks they're a better run club? Can you imagine what this place would be like if we only won the league every 5 years? It's been near unbearable since 2 weeks after we lifted the trophy.
Got to remember as well that when it goes wrong at Chelsea it goes majorly wrong. Disaster transfers aside, look at their league positions over the years.

Since (and including) 10/11 when City first made the top 4, Chelsea have finished outside the top 4 three times, including a 10th place finish. The last two seasons they've barely made the top 4, and outside of 10/11, 14/15, and 16/17, they've not finished in the top 2. You can say they did well to win two Europa Leagues, but there was a reason they were there in the first place.

Meanwhile, City's worst two seasons were 15/16 and 16/17, where we marginally made the top 4 with 4th and 3rd finishes. Literally every other year has seen us finish in the top 2. That's including the Mancini fallout year, some drab Pellegrini years, and the 19/20 'disaster'.

I've seen a few say that if it weren't for Pep we'd not be successful at all, but as long as we didn't hire an absolute mug to manage us we'd still have racked up silverware and been challenging for league titles.

well just to recap:

-Jack Gaughan coming out with the shit we are hopeful and still trying next few days for Kane and 20 minutes later Kane tweets he is staying
-disturbing Mendy news broke, which seemingly got worse since then with some more details, this has potential of having very bad effect on dressing room
-a pretty fucking shit CL draw where need to be fully sharp unlike last year vs Olympiakos/Marseille,
-get most of our hopes up to doing a short term deal for CR, people going crazy and tracking planes while redcafe goes into meltdown, we are about to to do a quick fix with some who guarantees 25 PL goals without doubt after missing out on Kane, only to end up him going back to rags and leaving us sorting something upfront in about 100 hours.
-still zero offer for Bernardo, but I reckon this is good news if he is staying until someone does come up with 35m pounds and takes him which will be the piss take of the summer.

seeing Pep quite miserable during presser, I fully understand him this was a fucking shit few days.we shall not top it with dropping points against fucking rubbish Arsenal team and go off to international break for 2 weeks.
Shit happens ... now and again.

Our conversion rate last season was shocking looked it up

"Pep Guardiola's side have a rate of 13.4 per cent - scoring 56 of their 418 efforts on goal/attempts

Pure attempts don’t tell the whole story. You could have 50 shots from the half way line…none go in and a conversion rate of 0%. It’s not a stat that clubs use anymore.

If you look at the link below you can see City scored 83 goals but, from the shots taken only 77.72 should have gone in meaning we scored 5.28 goals more than expected.

Fans of all teams think they are wasteful but actually last season we were the 5th best with Spurs and United being the most clinical. Spurs with Kane and Son are very clinical which is one reason we wanted to nick Kane.

The most wasteful teams were Fulham and famously in the analytical world Brighton who played very well but missed a shedload and are expected to be better this season since their play deserved more points and they were both wasteful and unlucky.

Closer to a mil every week. £872k per week was mentioned earlier
Jesus, if that's true, thenTeam Ronaldo saw the Swampheads coming. He's literally nearly 40, ffs. And they have form for this sort of stuff to blow up in their moronic Rag faces.

well just to recap:

-Jack Gaughan coming out with the shit we are hopeful and still trying next few days for Kane and 20 minutes later Kane tweets he is staying
-disturbing Mendy news broke, which seemingly got worse since then with some more details, this has potential of having very bad effect on dressing room
-a pretty fucking shit CL draw where need to be fully sharp unlike last year vs Olympiakos/Marseille,
-get most of our hopes up to doing a short term deal for CR, people going crazy and tracking planes while redcafe goes into meltdown, we are about to to do a quick fix with some who guarantees 25 PL goals without doubt after missing out on Kane, only to end up him going back to rags and leaving us sorting something upfront in about 100 hours.
-still zero offer for Bernardo, but I reckon this is good news if he is staying until someone does come up with 35m pounds and takes him which will be the piss take of the summer.

seeing Pep quite miserable during presser, I fully understand him this was a fucking shit few days.we shall not top it with dropping points against fucking rubbish Arsenal team and go off to international break for 2 weeks.
Brilliant rant! I proper laughed out loud.

If you look it up the reason we won the league last season was our defence Dias and Stones was the best CB partnership in the league. 0.84 goals conceded when those two start. 50% clean sheet average at home 19 clean sheets in 38 games. We won because of them they were Monsters at the back.

Meanwhile our attack was the 5th worst in the league. We missed the most big chances and clear cut chances in the league. Only Liverpool and Burnley were worse at clear cut and big chances missed.
How on earth was our attack the 5th worst? We scored the MOST goals by 10!!!

Why do people say things this stupid?

Your first paragraph is about how the defence was the best because it conceded the least goals.

But instead of accepting our attack was the best because it scored the most goals (Because that's actually the point of attacking), you trot out bullshit about "missed chances". Do you actually think 15 clubs had better attacks than us? Because I need to know if you're a WUM or just dull.

If you look at the table, you'll notice it says Goals For and Goals Against. Not "Big chances missed".
And we were fine in that area too

It’s been an exhausting day

Reminds me of the night we got banned from the CL by UEFA or the days last season that the super league was agreed

I feel like I’ve been looking at my phone all day in an irritable and angry mood and being wound up by friends on different apps
Same here.

Its not stupid it's backed up.

Sterling was top 5 for missed chances

None of the front three were in the top 10 for assists and Goals. Highest goal scorer Gundogan midfielder, KDB highest assister but had his worst season for how many assists he got. Jesus, Torres, Sterling or Mahrez were not in the top 20 for Goals or assists.

Sterling 10 goals
Mahrez 9 goals
Jesus 9 goals
Torres 7 goals

Harry KaneTottenham23
2Mohamed SalahLiverpool22
3Bruno FernandesMan Utd18
=4Son Heung-minTottenham17
=4Patrick BamfordLeeds United17
6Dominic Calvert-LewinEverton16
7Jamie VardyLeicester15
8Ollie WatkinsAston Villa14
=9Alexandre LacazetteArsenal13
=9Ilkay GundoganMan City13
=11Chris WoodBurnley12
=11Callum WilsonNewcastle12
=11Danny IngsSouthampton12
=11Kelechi IheanachoLeicester12
=15Marcus RashfordMan Utd11
=15Wilfried ZahaCrystal Palace11
=15Matheus PereiraWest Brom11
=15Sadio ManeLiverpool11
=15Gareth BaleTottenham11
=20Pierre-Emerick AubameyangArsenal10
=20Raheem SterlingMan City10
=20Tomas SoucekWest Ham10
=20Michail AntonioWest Ham10
=20Edinson CavaniMan Utd10
=20Christian BentekeCrystal Palace10
=20Anwar El GhaziAston Villa10
=20Nicolas PepeArsenal10

Our Defence won us that title.
Mate, a shit attack doesnt create any chances. we miss chances yes, but we create far more and score far more. We have the best attack in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.