It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to ronaldo, I won't pretend like I didn't want him, like i didn't think he would improve us and wasn't gutted we didn't sign him.

However there was always one thing that massively bothered me and I'm glad that we won't have to reconcile with - the prospect of signing an (alleged) sexual offender on the same day we suspend an alleged sexual offender. Didn't sit right with me at all and for that, I'm glad that didn't happen.

With regards to ronaldo, I won't pretend like I didn't want him, like i didn't think he would improve us and wasn't gutted we didn't sign him.

However there was always one thing that massively bothered me and I'm glad that we won't have to reconcile with - the prospect of signing an (alleged) sexual offender on the same day we suspend an alleged sexual offender. Didn't sit right with me at all and for that, I'm glad that didn't happen.
That was a big part of it, but even as an overview, the signing simply reeked of desperation and there was more 'getting one over your rivals' feeling to it rather than rationality, we've never looked for stop gaps and short term under Pep, and I would have been appalled, yeah obviously he would have scored goals but it's way too risky of a signing when you can still bring in a proper striker and make it work. A year or two of his services would've guaranteed nothing, I just saw it going all south. Risks were far more than benefits.

Personally think City and the agent have played the rags with ronaldos transfer and they have as usual fallen for it. They now have a 36 year old player whose best years are long gone and paying astronomical wages for the privilege. How will they fit in rashford, greenwood or martial and how will all three feel this morning knowing they will be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo. They did not need ronaldo but their stupidity and total paranoia with City made them do this.

Clutching at straws. We were very much in for him but got gazumped by utd.

However i agree with your second point. They didnt need him and overpaid again so City didnt get him.

They care more about getting one over City than they do having a coherent transfer policy.

(Not that we had one this summer either)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.