It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh here we go. I've heard a lot about people criticising others for not having 20 million posts and 50 years' service. First time I've been on the receiving end, must be a rite of passage for a 'newbie' like me.

I'm just a Blue on the same forum as you, expressing opinions just like you. Why the hostility? I've been civil and will continue to be.
Sniff, Rag!

I think the bigger question is have they signed anyone we would have wanted? With the Scum, the answer is clearly no. Nobody in their right minds thinks Varane is better than Dias; and I don't rate Sancho as better than either Foden, Jesus, Mahrez or Grealish (or as good). Ronaldo not even United really wanted.

With Chelsea, the question is around Lukaku. I personally am not a buyer - certainly at 97.5mill. Having watched 2 games + Euros, I don't see him as any different a player than he was at United. The PL is just much tougher (to put it mildly) than Serie A. Moreover, while he likely makes Chelsea stronger, he is probably more suited to their style than ours - i.e. defensive foremost and he can be the outlet for a long release ball. So not a viable option for us IMO even if he had been interested.
Agreed mate. My point was more around the quality of the respective squads.
I think we got one of, if not the best squad in Europe. To me, that means we are looking at a very small pool of players that can actually improve on what we've already got. Chelsea and the rags have more fish in their pools.
I also look at the perceived weaknesses in our squad and think, yeah but weakness doesn't equate with weak. We still have great players in our 'weak spots'

I’ve noticed he’s looked startled to receive the ball from a very tight position on a few occasions. I’m not sure he’s fully realised the quality of his team mates. I’m sure that will come very quickly.
I think he looks perfectly at home. Think we'll see more of Grealish when Foden returns and he plays more central

Ok clearly I've been misled about @Big Dave Watson being an ITK. If it is indeed a long running inside joke I apologise, I've seen him mentioned as an ITK previously and I also noticed he called Ronaldo correctly.

I bow to the knowledge of others who have been around longer than me.
Don't fold so fast Eric. Stand your ground and call everyone "deluded, know nothing cunts".
It will win you more respect on here ;)

wasn’t there someone on here the other day claiming we’re still after kane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.