It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as things stand, do you think we’re stronger or weaker than last season?
Weaker in both PL and UCL because rivals are stronger. And if we try to play similarly from last season, we might find that playing with fans in the stadium changes the dynamic of the game and could be an issue. Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool away in a row in September will be a good test

Why do you think it’s deluded bud?
Because when false 9 system doesn't work against certain teams and we need to tweak the system ,we don't have anyone in our bench to call. Aguero was one of the important reason of our success in pep's system. Not replacing him is a mistake

I dont think people will realise how big a game changer Grealish is going to be until he finds his feet and then KDB comes back in.

When we see the what happens when 2 players who make that many chances and assists link up or the space opened up by teams trying to contain both, people will work it out.

Pep wanted him more than a striker.

The fuckup lies in the strategy to replace aguero, not its end result, if you ask me.

it was nonsensical to begin with. thinking you're gonna call levy's bluff when he wasn't bluffing. no plan b. sitting on our asses when world class alternatives become available, still believing levy is bluffing. scrambling near the end of the window to sign someone else AND end up getting gazumped.

All of this could have been avoided if our transfer strategy was planned in advance and involved swiftly going for plan A, then B then C if fails.

having said all that, we're gonna piss the league again and win the CL

Weaker in both PL and UCL because rivals are stronger. And if we try to play similarly from last season, we might find that playing with fans in the stadium changes the dynamic of the game and could be an issue. Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool away in a row in September will be a good test
Doesn’t make us weaker and we are stronger, and until teams play we have no idea whether they are stronger, making big signings doesn't always make a team stronger. Sometimes it makes them worse.

I dont think people will realise how big a game changer Grealish is going to be until he finds his feet and then KDB comes back in.

When we see the what happens when 2 players who make that many chances and assists link up or the space opened up by teams trying to contain both, people will work it out.

Pep wanted him more than a striker.

Im worried about KDB. I don’t think he will play much this season, the ankle injury seems very bad and could flare up any time from reports he might play one game then be out the next two.

Because by not signing a striker and not strengthening the squad, we allow others to close the gap. Just like Khaldoon said in his interview. After last season we needed to go out and show the world they are playing catch up. I reckon the Rags and Chelsea have made a few good signings. I bet they dont feel like we will be fine this year. Everyone in football knows we fucked up this summer. Put everything on Kane. Like we did the year before with Messi. Now we are left going into the season without adequate striking options.
I have no idea how it’s a fuck up when we’re still in all 4 competitions with a chance to win them. Everyone in football knows we fucked up? Really?

Bet they’re all hoping we have, but none of us will know if it’s a fuck up until the end of the season

Im worried about KDB. I don’t think he will play much this season, the ankle injury seems very bad and could flare up any time from reports he might play one game then be out the next two.

Nothing from any of the reports I've seen have suggested that's going to happen.

Martinez said he could play but he'd have pain, so City and him have decided to give him time off for it to completely heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.