It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weaker in both PL and UCL because rivals are stronger. And if we try to play similarly from last season, we might find that playing with fans in the stadium changes the dynamic of the game and could be an issue. Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool away in a row in September will be a good test
What have what our rivals got to do with our squad being weaker or stronger?

Forget what anyone else has done, is our squad, player for player, weaker or stronger this season?

I dont think people will realise how big a game changer Grealish is going to be until he finds his feet and then KDB comes back in.

When we see the what happens when 2 players who make that many chances and assists link up or the space opened up by teams trying to contain both, people will work it out.

Pep wanted him more than a striker.
Don’t think I realised until I saw him against Norwich and Arsenal, he is very different to anyone else we have. And draws defenders to him like nobody else, which makes space.

Because by not signing a striker and not strengthening the squad, we allow others to close the gap. Just like Khaldoon said in his interview. After last season we needed to go out and show the world they are playing catch up. I reckon the Rags and Chelsea have made a few good signings. I bet they dont feel like we will be fine this year. Everyone in football knows we fucked up this summer. Put everything on Kane. Like we did the year before with Messi. Now we are left going into the season without adequate striking options.

You are confusing signing a striker and strengthening the squad.

If you just accept we play without a striker, and instead play with a front 5 who can largely interchange, its pretty obvious that adding a £100m player like Grealish (who was one of the best players in the league last year.) Is strengthening the side.

You can put our front 5 of Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Torres, KDB and Gundogan up against the attack of anyone in the league and it will score more goals.

Because when false 9 system doesn't work against certain teams and we need to tweak the system ,we don't have anyone in our bench to call. Aguero was one of the important reason of our success in pep's system. Not replacing him is a mistake
Does any system work against every team? I think I’m correct in saying no team has ever won every game in a season?

Nothing from any of the reports I've seen have suggested that's going to happen.

Martinez said he could play but he'd have pain, so City and him have decided to give him time off for it to completely heal.

“Cugat confirmed that De Bruyne was safe to resume training with the squad on Monday, although that precautions should be taken as to prevent long-term damage from occurring and that the ankle should be closely monitored for any swelling.

The Times also confirmed that any further damage to the ankle ligaments could result in surgery for the 30-year-old - a measure that would keep him out of action for several months.”

So as things stand, do you think we’re stronger or weaker than last season?
Stronger because…

Grealish>Injured Aguero

We can’t play Mendy

We have switched Torres and Jesus over

Delap Cole Palmer and I hope McAtee are better than they were 12 months ago and may get some time.

What our opponents do does not answer your question….then the question should be

“So as things stand, do you think we’re stronger or weaker than last season In comparison to team X”….

Thats harder to answer but, at this very early stage, they are closer to us but we are still better. The main threat is Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.