It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when all this European league crap settles down, will we still be able to loan players to the likes of Girona etc. I'm guessing that it may be difficult.
Also if our main team is turfed out of the premier league will our academy be turfed out to.
I can't see the kids being able to compete in the present competitions, there's also the womens team to consider as the ESL have only said they will eventually have their own competition.

Welcoming our new franchise player! Lionel Messi!

Sick at the thought of that. So revolting.

It’ll be the opposite - players will want to go to the ESL clubs. Threatening the players with bans from the National team will be self defeating... the Cricket players who signed up to Kerry Packer in the 70s knew they’d get an international ban but they all chose money over the ability to play test matches. Players will have their own views but I’d be surprised if they don’t follow the money - it’s what most people do.

While I don't neccesarily disagree with your overall point in this post, WSC is a false equivalence. Those players chose the money then because they were barely making a living wage beforehand and had no real choice. Modern footballers who play this level make more money than is feasible to spend in a lifetime. It's a whole different ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.