It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, literally can’t see any signings happening anyway now as we won’t have a domestic team to sign them for! Absolute disgrace what city have done

Why, you think they’ll all sign for rags or Barca but not City? But they’re in the same boat as us. And can you see Messi or Haaland signing for West Ham or Villa?

Once this settles down money will still talk, agents will continue to push their players to the big clubs (including us). I reckon most top players will want the money that comes with the SL.

I don’t agree with the SL but I never want City to be punished or disadvantaged in any way. Hoping negotiations can either sack it off and forget it or smooth things over so if it does go ahead we can outspend most SL clubs and win that as well as our domestic competitions.

This has all been pushed by the American owners has we know. So it’s not beyond the realms of reality that they may even go has far as initiating a draft system in the future if this abomination succeeds.

I don’t agree with it but I also fail to see what real choice City had anyway
If and I hope it’s a big if , this happens you need to be one of the 15 because the gap will widen significantly between the wealth of those and the other clubs
If City had made an individual stand would it have made any difference City would’ve jus5 been replaced by someone like Leicester I guess

This thread feels a bit meaningless now - and its clear the so called history clubs have pulled a stunt to reset the meter and reassert their dominance. Football is so corrupt and frankly I'm close to giving up - it feels dirty and really don't recognise the game I grew up to love anymore. Even if the ESL doesn't go ahead - these clubs are looking for (and will get) a one off big cash injection to cover up their financial incompetence.

This thread feels a bit meaningless now - and its clear the so called history clubs have pulled a stunt to reset the meter and reassert their dominance. Football is so corrupt and frankly I'm close to giving up - it feels dirty and really don't recognise the game I grew up to love anymore. Even if the ESL doesn't go ahead - these clubs are looking for (and will get) a one off big cash injection to cover up their financial incompetence.
Maybe, but isn’t a big cash injection to reset what we got. For me the problem I have with this isn’t financial that boat sailed many years ago. My issue isn’t even that it breaks away from UEFA champions league. My only real issue is the competition aspect of it. Nobody should be a permanent member of any league or competition.No teams should be denied entry through qualification and depend on an invite. Rectify those things and I have no big problem.

This has all been pushed by the American owners has we know. So it’s not beyond the realms of reality that they may even go has far as initiating a draft system in the future if this abomination succeeds.
A draft system won't really work though. The American sport leagues and "association" draft amateurs, for the most part, coming out of universities. I can't even see how that would work with European football. Maybe I am just not sophisticated enough to understand. Or not jaded/biased enough against immutable characteristics to think it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.