It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a question. I definitely remember articles a couple of years back that the PL and FA were pushing to have the non homegrown quota reduced from 17 to 13. And the homegrown increased 8 to 12. It was a 'by year such and such', cant remember when, but wasnt that far. Anyone else remember that? Could be one of the reasons the club are looking at Graelish and Kane even if there is a premium cost, to futureproof that.

So the transfer window is looking like the follwoing:

Grealish - not enamoured by this potential signing - think he isnt as good as what we have but maybe Pep can make him better

Mendes for fullback. - know nothing of him but seems to be rated highly

Messi - say no more - but as always its all down to his decision

Kane or Haaland - for me we should go for Haaland regardless of agent and potential price - a possible generational talent who has everything we crave in pace, power, pressing ability, hold up play and is young....Kane is a decent striker but has no pace, isnt mobile, doesnt look like he can press and Id question whether his heart would truly be in it....he is spurs through and through - plus he bring the whole England circus with him....yes he is a very good striker but there are reoccuring injury concerns and we have been stung before on that one

I think the transfer is looking like Haaland to Bayern next summer, Kane to Scum (my spuds fan mate has a mate who works at Spuds, he's said he's going there since start of season) , Ings to City......and RIC to set up help line for the mass depression in here ;)

Here is a question. I definitely remember articles a couple of years back that the PL and FA were pushing to have the non homegrown quota reduced from 17 to 13. And the homegrown increased 8 to 12. It was a 'by year such and such', cant remember when, but wasnt that far. Anyone else remember that? Could be one of the reasons the club are looking at Graelish and Kane even if there is a premium cost, to futureproof that.
Perhaps, even if not it can’t hurt to have a few extra English players around so we aren’t worrying about meeting the quota. There’s not many top top English players and we seem to be after two of them

Levy fully endorsed that Kane interview why look at there debt they need money NOW! That interview puts less pressure on Levy if they sell him it’s all be calculated orchestrated in my opinion for the last month..
Thats a brilliant point never thought of that no way would that interview been allowed to he airred without his consent.
The line of he decides where he goes not the chairman was the interesting one for me seems that there is either a clause in his contract or a set price thats been agreed by levy and himself
I would love kane I think he's incredible and the hunger to want score goals is exactly what we want

Thats a brilliant point never thought of that no way would that interview been allowed to he airred without his consent.
The line of he decides where he goes not the chairman was the interesting one for me seems that there is either a clause in his contract or a set price thats been agreed by levy and himself
I would love kane I think he's incredible and the hunger to want score goals is exactly what we want
Of course it would....players often give interviews in other countries and the first their clubs know about it is when our media ask them about it ;)

I want to sign Haaland so much but your comment is so wrong.

He is part of a team, a very good part but still one of the eleven.
Keeps your right and our current strength is ‘the team’, so I would think it right to down play individualistic achievements of potential signings as you suggest.
I and I’m sure others want the best player that will strengthen the team bond we currently have, at best value for money and will score a shed load.
My money would be on Haaland, as I think there would be an element of selfishness with Kane. He displays that now in his attempts to claim goals with the slightest ‘non touch’.
If he does end up putting on the shirt, then so be it, I’m sure he’ll have plenty support if starts racking up the goals.

I've long thought there's a reason the rags were going for so many British/English players, coincidence ?

I said over a year ago as above mate, Henderson, Wan Bissaka, Slabhead and pushing their youth far more last few years, wouldn't be like someone in the know, say David Gill, giving them forewarning of what future plans could be could it ? Um !

I said over a year ago as above mate, Henderson, Wan Bissaka, Slabhead and pushing their youth far more last few years, wouldn't be like someone in the know, say David Gill, giving them forewarning of what future plans could be could it ? Um !
Maybe....but given our current squad/our targets and the lads coming through our academy,we definitely won't see ourselves with our pants pulled down.

Maybe....but given our current squad/our targets and the lads coming through our academy,we definitely won't see ourselves with our pants pulled down.
Spot on. Uniteds 'planning' seems haphazard and even panicky, we always seem to be working off a carefully worked out long term plan.

Agreed mate, we're not daft, Karl Doon's comments along the lines of "People talk, we hear things" can encompass a lot of things, maybe that's one of them and why we seem to be investing in that line too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.