It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Messi front, just announced the super league clubs are taking UEFA and FIFA to court. Will Barca have champions league next season

He is more than good enough mate. He's better than Rodri in quite a few areas.

He's quicker (and he's not even quick) reads the game better, senses danger, he also tackles. He could probably play centre back in his sleep too.

He doesn't have Rodri's eye for a lofted pass, but people need to start asking different questions of a player we bought to be Fern's long term successor?

When do we see Rodri making an actual tackle, I don't mean when he's caught on the ball and has to them battle it back with his sheer size?

I mean an actual intervention when we lose the ball in transitions, like Fern has done for so long?

Nothing against the guy, a good enough squad player, perhaps, but lacks both the legs and intensity or Fernandinho, which we should have been getting for £60m.

He's actually a bit soft if I'm expressing my own observations, but know he has his fans.
Some good points there tolm regarding rodders i just dont rate rice.My personal opinion is we need some one more athletic who covers the ground like fern does putting out fires all other the show.Maybe the lad zakaria or bissouma either way rice isnt for me.

He's quicker (and he's not even quick) reads the game better, senses danger, he also tackles. He could probably play centre back in his sleep too.

He doesn't have Rodri's eye for a lofted pass, but people need to start asking different questions of a player we bought to be Fern's long term successor?

When do we see Rodri making an actual tackle, I don't mean when he's caught on the ball and has to them battle it back with his sheer size?

I mean an actual intervention when we lose the ball in transitions, like Fern has done for so long?

Nothing against the guy, a good enough squad player, perhaps, but lacks both the legs and intensity or Fernandinho, which we should have been getting for £60m.

He's actually a bit soft if I'm expressing my own observations, but know he has his fans.
He has gone up another level or two this season.

In the past looked a CB that was playing CM , but has now made that CM position his own and looks a class act.

He has become a very good footballer and looks the sort of character this club like ie low maintance and humble.

Chelsea reportedly after Haaland and Lukaku with Tuchel about to sign a new contract. Either of those would make them an even bigger threat than they evidently already are.

No real panic but it does strengthen our need to not rest on our laurels when you see arguably our biggest contender making moves.

When do we see Rodri making an actual tackle, I don't mean when he's caught on the ball and has to then battle it back with his sheer size?

Spot on assessment of Rodri that. A player I would not be sad to see leave. Lovely technical footballer, just not mobile enough for me.

Haalands a counter attacking player with little technique he wouldnt fit either just like sterling.Kane for me is the better fit.grealish is linked because pep likes to retain possesion if you put fast players wide with less technique we wont keep the ball as well.Maybe a young player fast but technical of the bench is the answer thats where kayky could be involved .It is going to be interesting to see what unfolds no doubt.
I think haalands got a lot more technique than people give him credit for, his link up play for Dortmund has been good from what I’ve seen, I agree he’s perhaps not as good as kane playing outside the box, but he’s younger with a heigher ceiling, not many young strikers are great playmaking outside the box and kane wasn’t what he is now when he first broke through for Spurs.

In regards to haaland his movement in and around the box are excellent and remind me of the way Kun would make those quick sharp movements in behind defences, too quick that they didn’t stand a chance.

I completely agree with grealish, I’d absolutely love him at city. Our system next season will obviously change with a striker coming in and I could see our style of play changing slightly more toward that of 17/18 and 18/19, which could benefit sterling, if not we should definitely be looking to move him on. Kane or haalands a good debate, I’d much rather haaland but I’m sure whichever we sign will score a shedload.

Chelsea reportedly after Haaland and Lukaku with Tuchel about to sign a new contract. Either of those would make them an even bigger threat than they evidently already are.

No real panic but it does strengthen our need to not rest on our laurels when you see arguably our biggest contender making moves.
They'll all strengthen the rags will add Sancho & a CB, Liverpool will have VVD & Gomes back plus add 1 or 2, Chelsea will add a striker and maybe another CB.

Next season looks like it could be a very exciting challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.