It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the sense in that if Laporte is to leave.
OMG i hope not!
Adding an ageing CH doesn't seem to be a good fit either

Let's hope we can talk some sense into Laporte and as other have said, with 3 years left on his contract he won't be going anywhere cheaply.

An experienced head on a free wouldn't be the worst move if Laporte were to leave.

With Dias and Stones cemeting themselves as our starting pair and hopefully Ake getting an injury free run, we don't need another expensive signing to play 30+ games of football per season. It's the whole reason why Laporte is currently unhappy with his position, we don't need to repeat that with another £60m signing.

I'd argue that having an experienced leader join to provide some back up (and isn't unhappy with that role) when required would offer more balance than we currently have with 4 top class CBs all wanting major gametime.

If we needed to replace Laporte on the cheap, one of Ramos or Boateng on a free wouldn't be the worst option. But I don't see it.

Both players are way over the hill and be absolute liabilities in City's high line play.

Boateng is shot and Ramos isn't far behind.

Chelsea reportedly after Haaland and Lukaku with Tuchel about to sign a new contract. Either of those would make them an even bigger threat than they evidently already are.

No real panic but it does strengthen our need to not rest on our laurels when you see arguably our biggest contender making moves.
Chelsea won't mess about if they want a player they'll just go out and get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.