It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind Ramos at all. World class, world of experience, and a natural leader. He will only help lift us when needed.

If Laporte is more interested in talking instead of fighting for his place then he can go imo

I had my doubts about Laporte's character when he seemed to 'express concern' (my words) about not getting a game for France and raising the 'possibility' of switching allegiance to Spain - which he ultimately did.

I'd think it very likely that he's having the same conversation in his head in relation to his place at City - He's well behind Stones and Dias at City, and he knows it.

I'd rather have players around that were prepared to work hard and fight for their place, rather than start looking for alternatives as soon as the going got tough.

Ramos makes a lot of sense with Laporte going. It doesn’t shock me that the club doesn’t see Ake as ready to play a lot of games. Ramos strikes me as someone that wouldn’t mind rotation.
Having that guy who has won the UCL quite a few times in the dressing room makes a difference. See Kovačić

Ramos makes a lot of sense with Laporte going. It doesn’t shock me that the club doesn’t see Ake as ready to play a lot of games. Ramos strikes me as someone that wouldn’t mind rotation.
Having that guy who has won the UCL quite a few times in the dressing room makes a difference. See Kovačić
When did we sell eric ?

I had my doubts about Laporte's character when he seemed to 'express concern' (my words) about not getting a game for France and raising the 'possibility' of switching allegiance to Spain - which he ultimately did.

I'd think it very likely that he's having the same conversation in his head in relation to his place at City - He's well behind Stones and Dias at City, and he knows it.

I'd rather have players around that were prepared to work hard and fight for their place, rather than start looking for alternatives as soon as the going got tough.
I don’t think he’s looked anywhere near the same player since his ACL injury, seems a couple of yards slower and much less confident in his own abilities. I don’t doubt he could get back to where he once was, but it just becomes difficult at a club like ours who always have top drawer replacements.

He is more than good enough mate. He's better than Rodri in quite a few areas.

He's quicker (and he's not even quick) reads the game better, senses danger, he also tackles. He could probably play centre back in his sleep too.

He doesn't have Rodri's eye for a lofted pass, but people need to start asking different questions of a player we bought to be Fern's long term successor?

When do we see Rodri making an actual tackle, I don't mean when he's caught on the ball and has to then battle it back with his sheer size?

I mean an actual intervention when we lose the ball in transitions, like Fern has done for so long?

Nothing against the guy, a good enough squad player, perhaps, but lacks both the legs and intensity of Fernandinho, which we should have been getting for £60m.

He's actually a bit soft if I'm expressing my own observations, but know he has his fans.

I said this 3 games into his time with us.

He's nowhere near good enough. Not energetic enough, too slow, non existent turn, doesnt like to mix it, limited passing range.

Seen nothing at all to change my mind.

If we were to let anyone go this summer, for me, it'd be him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.