It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be surprised to see him go given he's one of Pep's favourites, but similarly to the Mahrez rumours, his stock is as high as it's going to be right now and it would be the last chance to get a decent fee out of a player that's turned 30.

I would be shocked if Barca could scrape together enough to buy him though.

I definitely think there's going to be 2-3 high profile depatures this summer though - and Pep/Khaldoon have alluded to that in interviews.

So far, the players that want out per media

Bernardo
Gündogan
Jesus
Laporte
Interesting times ahead.

Grealish replaces Bernardo
Kane replaces Aguero
If Gundogan goes who replaces him?

Must be the racism incident weighing him down
His form did go to absolute shits after that. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not liked how he's perceived by some rival fans now, considering he's an all nice guy persona

Grealish replaces Bernardo
Kane replaces Aguero
If Gundogan goes who replaces him?
Can't see Gündogan or Mahrez leaving, if they do. We will surely get good replacements I've no doubt.

I think Saúl has a lot of things going for him.

He can play CB, 6, 8 and even LB so as a squad player he'd be very useful to fill any holes as they pop up.

At his best, he's world class and has shown it on the biggest stage.

I think we miss a box-to-box midfielder in our squad, and we end up making KDB do too much running to compensate for Gundogan and Rodri being relatively stationary (Gundogan isn't stationary but he occupies a small area of the pitch), and that's one of the reasons Bernardo and Foden's constant running makes such a big difference in the side.

Against Chelsea in the last 2 games, and more widely against 3/5 at the back formations over the last 2 years we have really missed a runner getting forward and making late runs into the box to help out the forwards and stop the 3 CB's having a numbers advantage, so whether it's Saúl or someone else, we need one - our record against these teams is awful over 2+ seasons.

I think our best chance of replacing Fernandinho is to get a technical, mobile box-to-box midfielder who can be converted into a 6 because that's what Fernandinho was, and Saúl fits that mould with a few seasons of defensive play under his belt already.

I know he plays well next to Rodri in a 2, and with Lillo as assistant we're gonna play that sometimes. So he potentially solves the Rodri problem as well.

He's had a couple of down seasons, he's spoken quite openly about being a bit down and out because of Simeone forcing him back deeper (much deeper than a 6 plays for us), the team not playing attacking football and not being able to leave when he asked 2 years ago probably didn't help. So there's a clear and obvious reason I can point to as to his form dropping off, and it goes away overnight when he moves club.

I certainly think if Bernardo had to go, replacing him with Grealish + Saúl (and we'd obviously have to pay some money on top) would make the squad more rounded, better over a season.

And just as a short term thing, he's getting the summer off. So he'll get a full Pep preseason and he'll be rested and ready to go, and there's not many better players on the market who are in that position.
Can't say I've seen that much of him especially recently but what you posted makes good sense if Bernardo wants to move on.

I'd be surprised to see him go given he's one of Pep's favourites, but similarly to the Mahrez rumours, his stock is as high as it's going to be right now and it would be the last chance to get a decent fee out of a player that's turned 30.

I would be shocked if Barca could scrape together enough to buy him though.

I definitely think there's going to be 2-3 high profile depatures this summer though - and Pep/Khaldoon have alluded to that in interviews.
John Percy says hi

So far, the players that want out per media

Bernardo
Gündogan
Jesus
Laporte
Interesting times ahead.
Yeah, at this stage it could be

Bernardo -Grealish?
Gündogan - Saúl?
Jesus- Kane?
Laporte - Pau torres ?

it will be an interesting market for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.