It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.

that’s not going to help Barca with Messi

Could be 2 things.

1) He's already given them his word that he's staying or;

2) They've played this wrong and pissed him off before he's committed

Personally think it's point 1 but would love it to be point 2!

haaland probably isn't leaving this summer, lukaku confirmed he's staying, and conte wants kane to stay which adds an incentive for levy to play hardball. who else is left?
I believe there is a good Argentinian striker at Barcelona but has quite a large release clause.

Has Tolmie ever got anything right? No doubt his heart is in the right place but every summer this tripe is peddled out. Remember when we won the league with Mancini, it was Cavani, Rossi etc, we ended up with Sinclair and Rodwell. Messi ain’t coming, neither is Kane if Conte rocks up.
The thing is pessimism/realism doesn’t get fanfare. The board should move heaven and earth for Haaland/Mbappe, the rest can be decided on outgoings.

If it is £150m on one player, so be it, we have addressed our biggest weakness.
Just enjoy it. It passes time and if nothing else, washes away the inevitable close season boredom. He clearly has eyes/ears at the club in one form or other.
And every now and then he drops a top banger you’ve not heard for decades.

Just enjoy it. It passes time and if nothing else, washes away the inevitable close season boredom. He clearly has eyes/ears at the club in one form or other.
And every now and then he drops a top banger you’ve not heard for decades.

I think Pep would always like to be the bridesmaid, as long as it is on his terms. No guarantee we will be back in the champions league final anytime soon.
We rode our luck, v Dortmund and Paris.

imagine if we had won the lot with no striker.
It would’ve been a masterclass.

However, in some ways I’m glad, hopefully Pep has an epiphany, and we move forward with all the pegs in the right holes.

I understood there had been some thawing in the Qatar/ UAE diplomatic relations. In any event with all the talk of being creative in the transfer market maybe a Sterling Mbappe swap might be of interest to PSG this summer.
I think they would be more interested in Mahrez.

I'm by no means in the Sterling out group.
In fact I think this season is just a blip.
However if the contract talks are really at an impasse, and we are considering moving him on.
Would a deal with Athletico suit everyone?
Sterling + say £30 million for felix?
Sterling gets a move to a top spanish club, we get a fresh face that we have apparently admired for some time that can also play the false nine.
Athletico get their money back on a player who hasn't worked out
Doesnt prevent us buying a striker or eat into the budget in a major way.
Not sure if it improves us as Sterling is one of our leaders in my eyes but sure others would disagree

I'm by no means in the Sterling out group.
In fact I think this season is just a blip.
However if the contract talks are really at an impasse, and we are considering moving him on.
Would a deal with Athletico suit everyone?
Sterling + say £30 million for felix?
Sterling gets a move to a top spanish club, we get a fresh face that we have apparently admired for some time that can also play the false nine.
Athletico get their money back on a player who hasn't worked out
Doesnt prevent us buying a striker or eat into the budget in a major way.
Not sure if it improves us as Sterling is one of our leaders in my eyes but sure others would disagree

Many would disagree due to this season. It’s hard to think he will suddenly find form from a few years ago. Even at that fantastic peak you’d get the moments from Raz. I don’t get how a lightning quick player can be in front of a defender, run towards goal and continuously cut back and then get tackled. Lacking in confidence and he should count himself lucky he was allowed a chance to play himself back into form. He failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.