It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Barca stuff is desperate. Messi has obviously had enough of playing in a non-competitive team. He doesn’t want his amazing career going out with a whimper and even signing his best mate doesn’t change that. He’s demanding a complete squad overhaul.

Barca are skint so have come crawling for charity to the club they have historic relationships with, with senior leaders. Laporta can bemoan ffp but they don’t have the money anyway.

Messi is going to be left with a choice. Leave for success (realistically we’re the only option) or let his heart rule his head and stay.

Guz Cruz has been banging the Lukaku drum for a few months and it is certainly accurate to say De Bruyne flagged him up to Txiki during renewal talks.

Having watched him last night, I would have no worry signing him if Kane and Haaland are priced-out.

Inter are in the financial shit and reports suggest that even though Lukaku wants to stay, they may have to sell at £80m.

He looks like he has dropped 20 pounds under Conte's ridiculous training demands.

I don't care about his time at United, he was shite there and so were the rest of the team.

For context, Chelsea would have him back this summer and I wouldn't want to see him in their team.

He's a box player with immense strength, he could certainly bring some of our midfield runners into play by going beyond him when teams are playing so deep?
When he first hit the PL with Chelsea I wanted him but at Everton & OT he transformed into a very lazy player but now he looks tailor made with KDB for our style and his appetite is back!

Both for and against kane advocates can say this exact statement. It will be interesting which group are gonna look daft.
Kane will score lots of goals in our team....but its in the big games that we need someone and I dont just see that from Kane at all.....thats where I beleive he fails to make a difference...

This Barca stuff is desperate. Messi has obviously had enough of playing in a non-competitive team. He doesn’t want his amazing career going out with a whimper and even signing his best mate doesn’t change that. He’s demanding a complete squad overhaul.

Barca are skint so have come crawling for charity to the club they have historic relationships with, with senior leaders. Laporta can bemoan ffp but they don’t have the money anyway.

Messi is going to be left with a choice. Leave for success (realistically we’re the only option) or let his heart rule his head and stay.
Aguero going there makes not a jolt of difference, Kun has looked after himself, just like Messi will.

At the end of the day it will come down to cash, it always does.

If Messi is so unhappy he would have left before but the cost of his contract priced all but a handful of clubs out of the equation and even at 34 and on a free the same applies.

The elephant in the room for me continues to be Sterling, because I think we need to contemplate a sale at the earliest opportunity.

Just my opinion, I have celebrated his goals and achievements with City just like everybody else, so not a statement to knock him, respectful of his time with us.

I have been watching him closely for the last 18 months or so since an obvious downturn in form.

I had put it down to fatigue and being overplayed, resulting in a lack of confidence.

However, I am seeing worrying signs it might be because he has actually peaked?

He was knocking on the first team door at the age of 15 and is more like 30 in playing years.

Raheem always had that spark which took him beyond his marker inside the first three or four yards, but he has lost his raw pace in my opinion.

It has made him indecisive and impacted his decision making.

The contract situation is a dilemma, but there is a point when it needs to be asked if he justifies being retained for another four or five years, never mind a regular starting place in the City team?

Raheem wouldn't be the first wonderkid to find his powers waning a little earlier than his age would suggest?

I always felt Michael Owen peaked at 22, he was absolutely electric beforehand, but his pace deserted him due to injuries.

Rooney hit 27 and the writing was obvious he wasn't the same player.

Perhaps we might even be seeing it with Kane?

All these guys have played a lot of football before their mid-20s.

As I say, merely for the topic of debate, I personally fear we may have already had the best of Raheem and was interested what other Blues felt, without it becoming a vilification of a player who has served us very well?

The elephant in the room for me continues to be Sterling, because I think we need to contemplate a sale at the earliest opportunity.

Just my opinion, I have celebrated his goals and achievements with City just like everybody else, so not a statement to knock him, respectful of his time with us.

I have been watching him closely for the last 18 months or so since an obvious downturn in form.

I had put it down to fatigue and being overplayed, resulting in a lack of confidence.

However, I am seeing worrying signs it might be because he has actually peaked?

He was knocking on the first team door at the age of 15 and is more like 30 in playing years.

Raheem always had that spark which took him beyond his marker inside the first three or four yards, but he has lost his raw pace in my opinion.

It has made him indecisive and impacted his decision making.

The contract situation is a dilemma, but there is a point when it needs to be asked if he justifies being retained for another four or five years, never mind a regular starting place in the City team?

Raheem wouldn't be the first wonderkid to find his powers waning a little earlier than his age would suggest?

I always felt Michael Owen peaked at 22, he was absolutely electric beforehand, but his pace deserted him due to injuries.

Rooney hit 27 and the writing was obvious he wasn't the same player.

Perhaps we might even be seeing it with Kane?

All these guys have played a lot of football before their mid-20s.

As I say, merely for the topic of debate, I personally fear we may have already had the best of Raheem and was interested what other Blues felt, without it becoming a vilification of a player who has served us very well?
This is a fair point to consider.

The extreme nature of his loss of form - I can't recall seeing another player consistently plumb such depths of performance, seemingly devoid of any technique, confidence or decision making ability, over several months just due to being off form - is something that can't easily be attributed to the natural ebb and flow of form that affects all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.