It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 11 goals in 13 games after the restart in June.
Yeh fair I checked it and he scored a few agaisnt the bottom of the PL. Maybe I misrememeber it. Or maybe he went into bad form prior to lockdown then gained it again in restart then became really shit this season starting with Lyon. If thats the case then a fresh season might be exactly what he needs

Does no one actually think Calvert Lewin could look great for us?

Fast, physical, intelligent, good movement, clinical finisher, surprisingly good technique.

Bit of Dzeko energy?
having an all right season , i can see moves to west ham/spurs if everton were to sell him , but they wont and thats about his level mid to top 6 forward.

Yeh fair I checked it and he scored a few agaisnt the bottom of the PL. Maybe I misrememeber it. Or maybe he went into bad form prior to lockdown then gained it again in restart then became really shit this season starting with Lyon. If thats the case then a fresh season might be exactly what he needs
Think that Lyon game will haunt us all pal till the end of time. One thing I won’t dispute is he has been really poor this season and if he stays then that has to change quickly.

Is it too far fetched to offer Sterling and Ake for Kane, they both might welcome a return to the capital, could Spurs afford Sterling’s wage demands though??

It does feel like city players are open season for criticism. Mount for example I thought as really average last night. Foden on the other hand was England’s only real threat when he did get on the ball. However it’s Foden who is hooked first and mount plays the whole game. Even on the BBC highlights they talked about how Mount was the one English shining light. Might be my blue tinted glasses but I’m just not having it.
By the time England reaches next round, you would probably read that none of Walker Roden Sterling deserves to start. Stones will escape this scrutiny as but you will see voices of Grealish amd Sancho and James starting every match over Foden Sterling and Walker

We also have to remember he has lost two major influences both on and off the field during his drop off?

Arteta was credited with him scoring more and Dave was the man playing that perfectly measured ball inside the full-back.
But surely if Arteta is credited with him scoring more then whatever Raz got told during Mikel's time here should have stuck and he should still be doing it today?

Perhaps the regression is compounded because, as you say, two years ago he was virtually unplayable and didn't try to stand his man up?

For whatever reason, he doesn't seemingly trust that directness anymore, so he is giving defenders more opportunity to expose his lack of technique and decision making?

The saying form is temporary, class is permanent, is well known, yet Raheem never gets injured and has already had a career of games most 30 year-olds would be proud to boast of.

I have assumed for a while he could play his way out of this funk, but I am concerned he either needs a fresh start somewhere else, or he has peaked.

The worry is, he exhibits the same issues for England, in terms of general paucity in his play, so it must feel like a delicate balancing act for City at this juncture in his career?
Respectfully there is a raz thread , i get fed up him being bashed in every thread, not you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.