It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh it's seeming more and more like this Kane thing has been in the works for an extremely long time (you probably knew that already haha!). I refuse to believe the club would be so bullish internally towards our then contracted strikers if there wasn't anything really concrete in the works.

That's exactly where my confidence comes from too. I just find it impossible to believe they tell Kun that a new striker is coming, Khaldoon goes big in his end of season thing about strengthening from a position of strength and not being complacent, and then they do nothing.

No, I think we're getting our 9.

Every year people on here flap at a lack of transfers. I'm no exception, last years transfer window I was one of the biggest - I declared Chelsea to have had the best window. We ended up with Dias and Torres and we didn't have a bad season did we?

The club get far more right than wrong, so my advice is stop worrying, sit back, relax, get a drink and look forward to the new season with some excellent new players.

That's exactly where my confidence comes from too. I just find it impossible to believe they tell Kun that a new striker is coming, Khaldoon goes big in his end of season thing about strengthening from a position of strength and not being complacent, and then they do nothing.

Maybe the quieter it is,the louder the boom....or at least that's what I'm hoping.

They told Kun the same thing and he repeated it, so yes, I expect that they've since way back in march known that they're going big for a striker.

I will be absolutely staggered if we don't get a 9. Genuinely. Nothing out of City really surprises me because of the way the club is run - but this would be the most surprising thing I can remember since Pep came in.
Even I knew we needed one when a false number 9 had to suffice for a frankly missing striker capability.
Seemingly players who have now left the Club confirm Peps intent.

Surely it has to be Kane? Who else could it be?

With Raiola and Fjortoft about we'd know if we were in for Haaland by now. Also Dortmund would be leaking like crazy.

Although he's better than he gets credit for, there's no way we shaft Aguero out for Ings.

And that's all I can think of, barring a Messi miracle.

or a Ronaldo miracle ;)

With Raiola and Fjortoft about we'd know if we were in for Haaland by now. Also Dortmund would be leaking like crazy.

Although he's better than he gets credit for, there's no way we shaft Aguero out for Ings.

or a Ronaldo miracle ;)
It seems that anytime other names have been thrown in like Lewandowski and Greizman, we've been quick to let it be known we aren't interested.

I think I’ve said it before so forgive me but the pool for world class forwards is so shallow it’s almost unbelievable. The problem city have is that as there are so few options out there where else can we look if it’s not Kane or Haaland. Compared to a few years ago when we had arguably four world class forwards in our squad alone it makes things a whole lot tougher to get the right forward in.

There seems to be more options out there in midfield and wide areas so maybe we are better off strengthening there and keeping Jesus and hoping that Delap can make the step up. Oh and a left back would be lovely if we can’t get the right forward in. I would rather that then spend money on the likes of Daniel Ings or similar just for the sake of getting a forward in.

or a Ronaldo miracle ;)

I'm 99% sure that Harry is the only striker they're working on right now. For loads of reasons Haaland is dead this summer, and there isn't another striker out there who is attainable who moves the needle quite as much as Kane does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.