It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. This forum is very guilty of looking at players from other clubs and imagining that in our team completely ignoring the fact they would not be askedor even allowed to do those things. Many did it when Robertson and TAA were getting all the plaudits and it's not just fullback either we do it all over the pitch.

Pep wants his fullback to do exactly what zinchenko does, he doesn't want flying fullbacks, he choose to let angelino go because he didn't want that, we've got cancelo who made his name doing that at juventus and we have him in midfield. Left back is not an issue. I question whether the people that think a left back is required actually watch us play.
Pep would prefer to have two Dani Alveses. They aren’t available, so he’s compromised and got one full back with speed to cover the high line and the other to create and tuck in to cover the 6 position.

To be fair, the Villa chairman came out and said that the offer excepted from Manchester City was £100,000,000.

How that’s made up is very important though and again I think we are seeing the press take the highest possible figure rather than the base plus milestone payments possible.

Just my view but will be interesting when we see the accounts, I don’t think it’s a straight up £100 million transfer still, I’m guessing 75 million plus £25 million in appearance, goals, league titles, cups and champions league bonus payments.

How that’s made up is very important though and again I think we are seeing the press take the highest possible figure rather than the base plus milestone payments possible.

Just my view but will be interesting when we see the accounts, I don’t think it’s a straight up £100 million transfer still, I’m guessing 75 million plus £25 million in appearance, goals, league titles, cups and champions league bonus payments.
It was a release clause though. Flat 100.

I would call Walker a traditional full back personally.
Yes. He's the definition on a flying fullback. He'll fly forward on an overlap and put a cross into a box. We have 3 types of fullbacks and all have their purposes. Walker is used mainly for his defence, but will go forward and put in a cross into the box. The inverted fullback like Zinch is used as an extra holding midfielder. The third is like Mendy who hugs the touchline high and wide. He creates width to let the winger come narrow and overload the side. In reality you'd want the fullback to be capable to do all 3 jobs for what the tactics require. The closest thing we have doing it is Cancelo although he can be dodgy defensively.

Last edited:
Came here to sate my giddiness for the completion of the worst kept secret in football. What do I find, yet another dull discussion on Zinchenko!

Ride the waves, blue boys, ride the waves. Enjoy being top of the food chain and feel the bitterness from the others because it will never last for ever. Every one of this team are heroes and legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.