It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
£150m for a 28 year old with crumbling ankles was a crazy proposition and I’m glad we walked.
How can go go from spending huge, huge money on Kane to we'll go with what we have? What was the point of going for Kane but an admission we need his goals and assists etc.? Now we suddenly aren't putatively short in that department. Anyway, onward and upward striker or not.

Lets pray Mendes saves our transfer window yet again, hopefully with a deal involving someone else than a 36 year old over the hill Ronaldo.
Because one thing is for certain, with the exception that they brought Guardiola in, the only thing our own guys (clowns may be a better word) in charge of transfers are capable of doing is activating release clauses and selling our unwanted players for peanuts.
What a pile of horse shit.

No I’d rather list the trophies the squads delivered by Txiki and Soriano have delivered. Anything else is reactionary bollocks.Carry on raving though , the club and manager will get on with their jobs.
The way to judge it is, Would another manager have done as well? That’s a better way of thinking about squad planning. Of course Pep can work miracles... sometimes.

Going into Pep’s last two seasons without a recognised striker seems bonkers to me. He made it work last season I can’t imagine he was planning to do it again.

Going to be a close one this year.

do you want a list of the strikers we’ve signed since Txiki, Soriano and Berrada took over in 2012

It’s Bony, Negredo and Jesus. At a push you could potentially add Jovetic and Nolito to that, but not really out and out strikers.

Not one has been a success.

Left backs since 2012 it’s Mendy, that’s it.

Peps the best manager in the world, no I don’t think he’s in charge of signing players and maintaining a balanced squad and neither should he be.
Yet we’ve won everything, multiple times domestically, and maintained a dominant presence in Europe.

do you want a list of the strikers we’ve signed since Txiki, Soriano and Berrada took over in 2012

It’s Bony, Negredo and Jesus. At a push you could potentially add Jovetic and Nolito to that, but not really out and out strikers.

Not one has been a success.

Left backs since 2012 it’s Mendy, that’s it.

Peps the best manager in the world, no I don’t think he’s in charge of signing players and maintaining a balanced squad and neither should he be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.