It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want a midfielder and a LB sat in the stands just in case Rodri or Zinchenko get an injury?

Give it a rest. This squad has had hundreds of millions spent on it. If it can't cope with two injuries then we may as well pack it in.
We got Grealish while Sterling and Mahrez sat in the stands as Jesus started on the other wing. Depth is necessary, depth helps you keep rhythm. The squad could be worth 2 billion but it does not change the fact that we are light in 2 areas where improvements should've been made as the backups aren't as reliable in terms of playing out number of games. Mostly applies to Fernandinho, but same with Zinchenko. And oh, our only out and out left back, is in jail. I won't give it a rest, we need to change our rubbish transfer policy over past 2-3 windows.

I would say 3 areas, with the striker also having been an obvious necessity
True true. Just in terms of getting in who you can tho, I always felt the Kane drama to end up badly, but we could of made improvements in other areas necessary. It's a shame. We might be in for a long season here, hope we ride out the storm and see through it

True true. Just in terms of getting in who you can tho, I always felt the Kane drama to end up badly, but we could of made improvements in other areas necessary. It's a shame. We might be in for a long season here, hope we ride out the storm and see through it

Same sins by Liverpool last season. Sat on their titles, didn’t make necessary investments, punished by injuries. Hopefully we get through it. But I would be shocked if we don’t bring at least one player in January

Same sins by Liverpool last season. Sat on their titles, didn’t make necessary investments, punished by injuries. Hopefully we get through it. But I would be shocked if we don’t bring at least one player in January
I would be too, hopefully that 1 signing is a left back or a striker. Or both! Who knows? Will be interesting to see how it all develops.

So you want a midfielder and a LB sat in the stands just in case Rodri or Zinchenko get an injury?

Give it a rest. This squad has had hundreds of millions spent on it. If it can't cope with two injuries then we may as well pack it in.

They wouldn't be sat in the stands they would rotate with Rodri and Zinc.

Fern is 36 and is showing it. Really bizarre that the club keep making the same mistakes and going for sentimentality rather than bringing in a player. The club continually reacts a year or two too late for the need for a player.

DM is a weakness, along with LB, and should have been addressed this summer.

Need to make investments in January. This isn’t an overreaction to this game. Have been saying all along: DM, LB and striker. And I’m sorry, but the idea that Lavia is the answer has one issue: Fernandinho doesn’t have another season in him and Lavia won’t be ready next season. So we absolutely do need to sign one.
I definitely think we need a LB and striker, whether that will be in January who knows.

We do have Rodri who has to start, if fit, and Dinho can still do a job off the bench but he does look to slowed down a lot.
I hope Lavia gets a chance this week and we'll see after that, but in the meantime maybe we should try Zinchenko at DM, he's a natural midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.