is

so

bloody

obviously

going

to be

this

(except it'll be micah at RB)

Personnel...yes (on the huge assumption Terry comes)

System..not quite.

Ireland will be behind the strikers in the advanced midfield role. De Jong and Barry will sit deeper as a two.

If you watched the game yesterday it's quite clear to see that Ireland and Barry will take it in turns to go forward. Plus they both got back to make tackles in their own box. Ireland is not going to be just an AM. They're both box to box.

Project said:
If you watched the game yesterday it's quite clear to see that Ireland and Barry will take it in turns to go forward. Plus they both got back to make tackles in their own box. Ireland is not going to be just an AM. They're both box to box.

I didn't see the game but I'd be very surprised if Ireland wasn't the "playmaker". Yes, he will drop back of someone gets forward, but he is definitely at his best in that role.

Didsbury Dave said:
Project said:

I didn't see the game but I'd be very surprised if Ireland wasn't the "playmaker". Yes, he will drop back of someone gets forward, but he is definitely at his best in that role.

He was box to box. Defensive midfielder, ball winner, playmaker all rolled into one. Just as he played for the entirety of last season.

Project said:

Barry made some lovely runs behind their full back.

i think we'll eventually need a squad of 30, playing 4-4-2:
----------Given--------

Zab--Terry----Lescott--Bridge

SWP-Ireland---Barry----Robinho

-----Tevez-----Adebayor

GK:Taylor - only on a one year deal so when Hart's loan has finished we can just release him
GK:Nielsen - young backup
GK:Hart - on a years loan gaining valuable experience

DR:Richards - will be fighting with Zaba for the right back spot

DL:Kleber - 28 years old played fairly well for Brazil in the Confederations cup this year, was also on the list that Robinho apparently gave Hughes
DL:McGivern - 6 caps for Northern Ireland at only 19 not played a single first team game good future ahead of him

DC:Onuoha - Brilliant last season can learn lots from Terry
DC:Dunne - Might be shite but still a legend bleeds blue blood im sure he wont mind being kit man
DC:Mee - looks capable to me bit of a brain fart conceding that penalty left footed CB so adds depth and a different dimension to the squad touted as next in line after weiss
DC:Toure - rumour is we are in for him so might aswell has a Premier League winners medal and over 60 internatinal caps great experience in the squad

MR:Bentley - now dont shoot me i can see the logic in this one because when we play Santa Cruz and Adebayor both are 6'3'' and SWP's final balls aren't amazing but this guy can cross it
MR:Weiss - brillliant so far in South Africa surely is the next big thing and can only get better hanging out with the first team

MC:de Jong - played well for City so far but i think Barry is a better player, however de Jong is 24 and Barry is 29 so im sure de Jong will be a City starter soon
MC:Kompany - surely the next captain at City still only 21!! can play in midfield or defence so much composure and a great attitude will be a City legend
MC:Johnson - he needs another chance had a bad hip problem and some other problems but lets remember when he was 19 he seemed like he'd been playing prem football for ten years so he has undoubted talent
MC:Sneijder - need backup for Stevie can take a mean freekick aswell

ML:Petrov - like the Bentley situation we need some one who can whip decent balls in for the big boys

FC:Santa Cruz - great player with prem exprience and actually wants to play for the club
FC:Bojinov - i feel he still as something to offer much more direct than some of the other strikers
FC:Caicedo - will go out on loan this season give the lad some great experience, as he could have a future at this club
FC:Bellamy - last year at the club i think at 30 im sure his pace will be leaving him and lets be honest that's all he has, but jesus is he quick

you will notice that the squad has 32 members however big Phil and Joe Hart i expect are to go out on loan and when they return i reckon Stuart Taylor will leave as he is only on a one year deal and Craig Bellamy which will bring the squad back down to 30 :) happy days

Project said:
Didsbury Dave said:

He was box to box. Defensive midfielder, ball winner, playmaker all rolled into one. Just as he played for the entirety of last season.

No he didn't. He played a time or two as the right sided attacker, if I remember, and a time or two in a defensive role, but 90% of the season he was the attacking midfielder, like this:

.........................De Jong .........Kompany

................................Ireland...............

.............SWP.................................Robinhio

......................Ceceido/Bellamy/whoever.......................

Didsbury Dave said:
Project said:

No he didn't. He played a time or two as the right sided attacker, if I remember, and a time or two in a defensive role, but 90% of the season he was the attacking midfielder, like this:

Mate - Ireland is a box to box midfielder. The fact he plays more offensive than De Jong and Kompany means little as they are defensive midfielders. How often did you see him back in his own half making crucial challenges, launch it up to the forwards and then make a run to join them? I think he actually finished third in the Opta index for tackles made by midfielders last season. That's why he is superman.

2zial4o.jpg

If that isn't a box to box midfielder I don't know what is.

Compare this to Arshavin... who to me is a defacto attacking midfielder who isn't going to be tracking back much as his sole job is to create.

znlfdl.jpg

Look at how much of his play is in the final third compared to Stevie

Didsbury Dave said:
Project said:

Spot on Dave.

Ireland has some what of a liscense to roam, to defend when needed to to always create when we attack. That's why both Barry and De Jong will sit behind him imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.