Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack's got it spot on here. Work hard, show the boss what you can do. Good luck to him.
Totally agree. If you really want to impress the manager you turn up for pre-season having already hit the ground running. And there's no harm promoting yourself working hard over the summer on social media. Much better than than tweeting your off to Shagaluf.

I think Pep will like Jack and can see him getting a lot of attention in pre-season. He's clearly progressive if you look at where he was 12 months ago compared to now, can he step it up a level again.

Is it just me that feels that Pep will love him? Works hard, is clearly dedicated not to mention his ability on the ball.

Is it just me that feels that Pep will love him? Works hard, is clearly dedicated not to mention his ability on the ball.

I hope he's given a chance, surely after great 1st professional season he at least deserves to go on tour with us. I really like the look of him, hard worker, battles for the ball and surprising more creative than I expected.

Watch this of Gundogan and tell me that this isn't exactly like watching one of Jack's performances for Cambuur.

Obviously Gundogan is at a much higher level and Jack's got a way to go, but stylistically it's nearly identical. Even down to the physique and the way they move. I find that REALLY encouraging personally. If Pep likes Gundogan, then he must surely like the way Jack goes about his game.

Last edited:
Watch this of Gundogan and tell me that this isn't exactly like watching one of Jack's performances for Cambuur.

Obviously Gundogan is at a much higher level and Jack's got a way to go, but stylistically it's nearly identical. Even down to the physique and the way they move. I find that REALLY encouraging personally. If Pep likes Gundogan, then he must surely like the way Jack goes about his game.

You could easily see them playing in a midfield two together, lot's of energy, hard work and creative passes mixed up.

The thing is, when Gundogan gets the ball, he's surrounded by class players all making angles, giving him short pass options & running off the ball. When Jack gets it, he's surrounded by the opposition.

So he picks out runners 40 yards further away. In City's team, he could be passing to Gundogan.

If both players produce that level, then the likes of Silva & Nasri have to up their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.