Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for a potential European side then Rangers could be a possibility if they win the Scottish Cup final, of course this could hamper the relationship with Celtic or you could try them for the loan. Just feel Rangers would see him get more game time.

It's simple then, we could give Celtic first choice on him as a loanee and make them aware that we'll be offering him to Rangers if they turn him down. That way no relations are in jeopardy.

I'm still holding out hope that he will feature for us next season.

It's simple then, we could give Celtic first choice on him as a loanee and make them aware that we'll be offering him to Rangers if they turn him down. That way no relations are in jeopardy.

Would be a fair way to go about it.

Ye I'd rather see him here and given a shot first too

But then Celtic could just take him with no intention of playing him to stop Rangers getting him. One of the worst negotiation tactics I've ever heard

But then Celtic could just take him with no intention of playing him to stop Rangers getting him. One of the worst negotiation tactics I've ever heard

Nothing to do with negotiation tactics as I couldn't care less if Celtic (or Rangers) take him or not. It's about maintaining a healthy relationship with a club by giving them first refusal on one of our players.

I think a move to SPL is not worth the hassle a move to Rangers I just cant see happening at all. More chance of him going back out on loan to a Dutch or French club than there. I think he is a guy who needs to playing in a more technical league as his skills are getting better while out on loan in the dutch league some of his passing stats were very high. Shame he missed out on the Ireland squad named O Neill names 1 new player from the League 2 makes you think if he has even checked out Byrne much. So enjoy the summer break off Jack.

To each his own, but for my part I think a lot of these loan suggestions are beneath Jack's current projection. I know it's a delicate game of when to send them out for more experience and when to bring them home, but if he isn't ready for the equivalent of Kelechi's minutes this season I don't know who is. Pre-season w/ Pep will decide, of course... I just feel like we shouldn't be following the Chelsea path of sending out Lukaku's until they're 100% finished prospects. I'd like to see them make it as far as Jack has this season, with a sense that there's more to come, and bring them home for 10-15 games with the first team the subsequent season.

Won't religion play factor into whether or not he could play for Rangers, or have those days gone?

Won't religion play factor into whether or not he could play for Rangers, or have those days gone?

It still does which is sad in this day and age. You got Irish players ruling out a move to Rangers for whatever reason. Some do play for Rangers but those players are few and far between. Only recently has any Republic Of Ireland players have played for Rangers in Jon Daly he got capped at under age level. Also in the current squad is Rob Kiernan who like Daly played under age football for Ireland. Also Alan Judge who has played for the senior Irish team was asked if he would be interested in teaming up with Rangers boss and he stated he would be killed if he went to play for Rangers by his mates. So for any Irish man to play up there you would need balls of steel for Rangers. As they would be slated by all there friends and family it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.