Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa will finish between 11th and 9th next season and probably the season after that and after that.
If Grealish is content with helping his boyhood team finish midtable then good on him.
I suspect he has loftier ambitions though.

Me too - except that reporting has now emerged that Grealish himself is having second thoughts. Reporting suggests that he's not comfortable in all out competition for starting spots - fearing that he may end up on the bench.

Who knows though how accurate this is? This sort of story does seem very plausible though.
It came from one source, some ex player on talk sport (can't remember who). You don't get to the level of player that Jack Grealish is without certain amount of self belief and Mr Grealish doesn't seem the type to lack self confidence. I think if he was asked the question I think he would back himself to get into any team in the world.

It can be done, yes. But you ignore the massive odds stacked against you.

The top 4 last year were us, The Scum, Dippers and Chelski. In my opinion those 4 aren’t going anywhere At a stretch, one might but that’s highly unlikely. Leicester have been punching above their weight for a while, but in reality it’s one freak Premier League and their first ever FA Cup. Ok, West Ham may have had a freak season but then you have Spurs and Arsenal above you too, Arsenal are definitely strengthening. Leeds might go walkabout again but it’s generally accepted in football circles that Everton and Wolves have ambitious owners.

Yes, if Villla get it right they could progress to Leicester’s level, but I don’t see how you compete regularly.

Then there’s the FFP model that demands you grow the club organically, (that’s not me talking, I hate it and we all know what the real purpose of it is). That model involves you selling your best players for a profit and investing in your academy. How long does that take?

Then there other imponderables. I’m 53 and remember the last decent Villa side with Peter Withe, Gary Shaw, Brian Little etc. Since then the Midlands has been pretty barren when it comes to footballing success. How do you recruit the top class talent from around the world to challenge as you would like?

Don’t get me wrong, I loved it when Abramovic turned up at Chelsea and upset the cartel. Every club should have the opportunity to get an investor and them spend their money how they see fit. But at the moment it’s just not the case.

All that Villa and Everton have is a desire. I don’t get any sense of a plan.
I just go back to the pressure we were under in 2009-2011 to qualify for the Champions League after the investment money came in... it's one thing to break open into the Europe for the odd season and completely different doing it season after season... I can only see the competition for Top4 intensifying, United and Chelsea are investing heavily, Liverpool will be there or thereabouts and then you have a plethora of clubs like Leicester, Villa, West Ham and Everton all willing to invest to get in the top 4. Not even to mention Spurs or Arsenal.

I've always found the bluemoon forum interesting going back a long time as City went from a similiar place to where Villa are now to winning multiple domestic competitions and performing well in Europe most years but I've never joined up as it's not my club and i'll probably get told to get stuffed! The reason i've bit the bullet is to explain why Villa fans rate Grealish at £100m+, I personally rate him higher when you've had players like Coutinho go for a lot more.

Jacks Villa born and bred, at the academy since the age of 6 and has now the club captain with an incredible amount of power at the club that I doubt a player has as much anywhere else. Not only is he captain but he's been made a part of our Academy Committee and has a strong voice on what direction he feels the club should be building itself up from the academy to the first team. He's also a part of the transfer committee and is basically buttered up in every way possible to make him feel as loved and important as possible. He's also took training sessions last season after being unhappy with the standard of training which instead of telling him to shut up and get on with your job we've let him introduce things he's learnt whilst away on England duty.

I totally understand him wanting to go to City, I've thought about what I'd do if it was me and with all the power he has at Villa along with playing every minute of every match it would be a difficult decision for me to go from that to having to spend a fair amount of time on the bench which he will inevitably have to. Jack is a top class player, absolutely no doubt that he's the best I've seen at Villa in my lifetime but he's not an 8/10 every single game and has had dips in form which he wouldn't get away with at City.

There also comes the Jack Grealish away from a football pitch. He's very much a LAD and regularly spends his weekends in Mayfair on the p*ss and in that sense he doesn't look after himself in the best way he possibly could. My questions is to City fans really is that do you think Pep would allow a player to spend as much time in nightclubs as Jack does? We've all seen the picture of him at 18 out cold on a Tenerife street but it was only last year he was pictured in a hotel room with a brass, he also smashed up his car and was pictured looking absolutely steaming but didn't appear at a police station till the next day to avoid getting done for drink driving. In my opinion that wouldn't be tolerated by Pep and rightly so at a club that's playing at the highest level. He's also been known to argue with Managers which I don't think would go down well Pep. IF he does sign for City (I think it's a done deal) and carries on with his off field antics how do you see his career going at City? Would it be tolerated if he's doing the business or would he be shipped out?

Apologies for the dissertation, didn't intend to go on for so long!

We've one like that - Foden

But he is younger than Grealish,won more and will win even more.

If Grealish decides to stay put,there be no complaints from me,and fair play to him for doing so,but thing is in football,when they do their biography in 10 years time,don't be sulking about what could have been.

I just go back to the pressure we were under in 2009-2011 to qualify for the Champions League after the investment money came in... it's one thing to break open into the Europe for the odd season and completely different doing it season after season... I can only see the competition for Top4 intensifying, United and Chelsea are investing heavily, Liverpool will be there or thereabouts and then you have a plethora of clubs like Leicester, Villa, West Ham and Everton all willing to invest to get in the top 4. Not even to mention Spurs or Arsenal.
It would make it a lot more exciting but I think the Top 4 will stay untouched but the Europa League places are definitely not guaranteed to go to Arsenal & Spurs this season. I don't know if West Ham just had a freak season and will return to being not very good again but I can see Leeds pushing further this season, I think Rafa is over the hill as a Manager and their signings haven't exactly been exciting, Leicester will be there or thereabouts as usual and Palace have invested well again and could be a dark horse for the top 8 if Vieira is any good. If we lose Grealish then we'll be in a relegation battle imo, others will disagree but whenever he's out injured for a while we produce relegation fodder like form and I don't think Emi Buendia & Ashley Young will make much of a difference. If he stays which I highly doubt then I expect us to push for the top 6 if he stays fit the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.