Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is we’ll get them both. And it’s worth remembering they’re not even back to train yet. So nothing is lost. I’m not worried !
At this moment nothing is lost, starting a season with a squad not as good as the previous year isn’t a good thing. We have a tough start and we can’t afford to chase the pack again and rely on breaking winning records and others to slip up to catch up. That’s my worry, not that I demand every deal to be done instantly, I just fear a slow start again, fingers crossed it’s the same for most after the euros etc.

I hope you’re right!

To be fair even if he signed the week of the 2nd August the likelihood he’d even start the season is unlikely. Purely due to getting use to Peps methods etc I can’t recall too many players just slotting straight away since 2018. Players like Cancelo, Mahrez, Ake have all had to bide their time

Indeed. Part of me think Kane would and could get thrown in earlier than normal but Grealish will IMO have an adaptation period.

Apparently inside the club there’s little indication of a deal happening this week. Obviously could change like with all these things but for the moment all is quiet. Patience is a virtue we’ll all need for the next few weeks!
He's due back at Villa August 2. I wouldn't expect anything to be sorted till a bit after that, but as you said, if it's close, never know.

My bet is we’ll get them both. And it’s worth remembering they’re not even back to train yet. So nothing is lost. I’m not worried !
We may also be trying to use the deals for our away kit launches, I personally don’t expect Kane to sign until after we play Spurs in our league game.

At this moment nothing is lost, starting a season with a squad not as good as the previous year isn’t a good thing. We have a tough start and we can’t afford to chase the pack again and rely on breaking winning records and others to slip up to catch up. That’s my worry, not that I demand every deal to be done instantly, I just fear a slow start again, fingers crossed it’s the same for most after the euros etc.

I hope you’re right!

Agree with this mate. If Kane or both get done by the end of the window then we’ll all be happy but these two transfers although huge have been going on for weeks? Personal terms won’t have been a problem and kaldhoon certainly made it sound like he knew what we were going to do? We approached Spurs allegedly last summer and in January for Kane so you would have thought that we know exactly where we need to be and if we were going to do it or not?

I just don't see it in Grealish. A huge regression on Dave Silva at about 3-4 times the price, a big name and a lot of media attention but nowhere near as good.

Would much rather see us in for Insigne. 5 years older than Grealish, but the better player and less than one year left on his contract at Napoli. If the next youngish David Silva isn't available atm, Insigne would be a superb addition for the next 2-3 years.

Dealing with that Napoli owner is bad enough, never mind trying to take arguably their best player at his peak

Sammy is getting in. He has a habit of being safe and last.
Maybe this deal will actually happen.

Apparently inside the club there’s little indication of a deal happening this week. Obviously could change like with all these things but for the moment all is quiet. Patience is a virtue we’ll all need for the next few weeks!

I’ve learned when you read that it’s nearly done I add a week or two because city seem to always not rush it if they know it’s going to get done, also Kane and Grealish are still on holiday so no revealing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.