Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAIN IN THE 'R'S

Aston Villa put sales of John Terry replica shirts on hold as club shop runs out of letter R​

Ex-Chelsea captain so popular among Villa fans the Championship club cannot keep up with demand for his name on new shirt
  • Graham Hill
  • 14:10, 1 Aug 2017
  • Updated: 12:09, 2 Aug 2017
Seems they make a habit of it :)

Oh please be serious. If they’ve run out of E’s then there are at least 11 other Villa players who’s names aren’t going on shirts - if they wanted to exclude Grealish then they’d run out of a less used letter rather than a much used vowel . . maybe a G and take about 5 out for instance?
Woosh.

It’s interesting to read Villa Talk.

Lets face it VT are, in the main, going to believe Jack is staying as that is what they want to happen.

Meanwhile, shock horror, BM posters believe Jack is coming to City as that is what we want to happen.

Honestly I change my mind most days. I try to avoid confirmation bias on here but it’s difficult!

Today my money would be on he is coming to City. I think there is obviously something going on and the very few reporters that we know are reliable with City info are saying the same thing that it looks close.

But the thing I keep coming back to is that if this were all nonsense and just press speculation I think Villa’s owners would have said so by now. A denial a player is leaving is never water tight but there hasn’t been anything from them at all.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen two sets of supporters who, in the main, believe they are so sure one way or the other. Someone has it very wrong and whether it’s us or them it’s really interesting.

I know people are annoyed at how Villa behaved at Wembley and reading their opinion of our club they have, like most supporters of other clubs, believed the press nonsense about how soulless we all are. They also understandably have no idea what the PL court case is about and genuinely think their owners can stop Jack leaving because we are about to be banned.

However, I won’t be gloating if we do get him. If someone pinched Foden I’d be gutted. We are lucky that our owners have ensured sustainable success which means that we sometimes can buy a player that would otherwise stay. Villa are not in that position yet.

A fair, mature post, mate!...I still think he's staying, though! ;-)

I wonder - and I am just speculating here with zero information to back it up - whether the alleged release clause in his contract is that Villa have agreed Grealish can leave if someone offers a British transfer record fee for him? Which is currently the £89m the odd lot overpaid for their former academy player.
You answered your own question

I wouldn’t be surprised either way which is why it’s really interesting. Nothing will beat the will he won’t he that went on here with KDB though…that was brilliant fun with more twists and turns than Poirot.

Why do you think your owners haven’t just said we are not selling him whatever the offer? I think there is a buyout but, if not, why the silence?

Was watching a YouTube video, Grealish is obsessed with KDB. Saying he’s his favourit player that he constantly watches vids of him, try’s to be like him he’s a proper little fan boy haha

Why though with all the news outlets saying he’s going and we are now at final fee and payment structure stage? @BillyShears and @tolmie's hairdoo have direct links into the club who have both said on here that Grealish wants it and Billy has been told that Jack has turned down villas latest contract offer as he has his heart set on moving to city? I know you don’t want it to happen but you just can’t ignore is way more likely than unlikely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.