Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dribbling. Foden destoyed some of the best in the business. Pay particular attention around the 36 second mark where you will see him ride heavy tackles in quick succession, summat Grealish never does.

The thing is, and I'm not sure if this is me being naive, but one of Villa's main threats will likely be set pieces with the height Mings and Konsa bring to corners/free kicks so I wouldn't be surprised if Grealish goes down/wins free kicks for that reason.

If he joined us, where we're shit at set pieces, then I doubt he'll do the same. Unless Pep comes up with a typical Pep-esque plan where it can be used to our advantage.

Like I said, maybe naive, but I don't think Grealish winning free kicks is part of his game by default and could easily be ironed out if need be.

On a separate note, that video just reminded me: how fucking good is Phil? Christ.

Of course people can have their own opinions, but some of the opinions suggesting he's bang average or shit compared to what we already have are just fucking silly. I doubt, if given the chance, any top team in the Premier League would say no to his signature.

With regards to the club making mistakes, then yes, they will, but it won't because they've not done due diligence or scrutinised the details. Sometimes, for whatever reason, plans don't materialise in the way they were originally perceived.

And as for the club leaving us with one recognised striker, then let's wait until the start of the season to lob that accusation, as the likelihood is we'll have England's best striker banging in the goals for us before the window closes.

I don't see why it's silly at all. He's not any better or on level with any of our attacking mids bar perhaps Torres who still has a few years to develop, so it seems strange that we'd think he's worthy of breaking transfer records for.

I probably agree that the other top teams in the league wouldn't turn down his signature, but that's why I've been happy for the past decade when I've considered most of their signings being a bit second rate in comparison with the business we've done (mostly). It's why I'm so surprised we're in for him, I thought we'd have better dealings than that in mind.

Stick him in a rag or dipper shirt and I wouldn't fear them any more than I already do, but stick Insigne (for example) in one and we'd have a lot more to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.