Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Mahrez is the best dribbler I have seen. He has got an unbelievable ability to take a ball down and control it with one touch on the run. It took a long time for Mahrez to settle at City because at Leicester he would have the freedom to roam and he didn't have to do the dirty work.

Foden has got everything in his game. Fearless and direct. He will get better. I hope there are more like him in City's youth team.
I would say Messi is better than Mahrez when it comes to dribbling.

View attachment 22137

Mahrez was an absolute beast in 15/16. A lot more minutes played though, to be fair
1) His per 90 stats in 19/20 were better than Grealish's last season in terms of xA, Chances created, dribbles leading to shot creating actions, fouls drawn that led to a shot attempt, and probably more. He was really underrated that season. He was unlucky that De Bruyne had an incredible season that year and beat him out.

2) I don't have those stats on the 15/16 to the same detail, but I'm willing to accept those were better than his later Leicester stats. In which case, my bad. But boy was he good then.

I'm using fbref.com to be clear.

1) His per 90 stats in 19/20 were better than Grealish's last season in terms of xA, Chances created, dribbles leading to shot creating actions, fouls drawn that led to a shot attempt, and probably more. He was really underrated that season. He was unlucky that De Bruyne had an incredible season that year and beat him out.

2) I don't have those stats on the 15/16 to the same detail, but I'm willing to accept those were better than his later Leicester stats. In which case, my bad. But boy was he good then.

I'm using fbref.com to be clear.

Agreed on both points. Mahrez has had a very respectable output for us for at least the last two seasons, certainly much better than his last two seasons at Leicester. He was utterly superb in their title-winning season though, and hasn't consistently hit quite those heights since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.