Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on the txiki topic.... Right so just to be clear, I'm not an itk but thought this was worth sharing as much as most of the other crap on here.

Friend of mine is at a wedding with ap McCoy (from the same town) and he said McCoy told him that grealish to city is a done deal. McCoy was at the final with Jonathan Barnett who is grealish's agent and that's where he got the info.

Again, not saying it's gospel but my mate has no affiliation with city etc and it's an odd thing to make up. Make of it what you will...
Looks like AP was on to something hahahaha

Just watched the clip on Sky and some reporter suggesting that Grealish may or may not come to City.

They need to pay someone to read that out :)
Was close to being...

Rob Dorsett "Jack please don't join Manchester City, We want to see United challenge for the title, Stay at Aston Villa and be a one man club, It's okay to win nothing unless it's Man United".

most sensible post for a while and probably the most accurate as well.

No way Grealish says yes to any offer straight away as he will want to milk any offer to his maximum advantage...or his agent will at least to get the best deal for his client and at the same timethey will react very postive towards both sides to keep them interested....Grealish/agent will be playing one side off against the other to get the best deal possible

Im guessing as a Villa fan you think he is a top class/world class player but Im one of the few on here who actually doesnt really want him (most do want him). I just dont see anything other than a decent player who dribbles lots and buys fouls. He has never ever stood out in any game Ive seen him and I believe in the likes of Foden, Bernardo Silva we already have better players.....Grealish can deliver a decent cross which neither of those can but in eveyr other department Id have every one of our midfielders over Grealish.
Whats your assessment of him...?
I personally feel the term ‘World Class’ gets banded around too often these days, and I would not say that Jack is world class just yet, although if his game continues to improve on the same trajectory that it has been then he could become one of the world’s best.

It’s difficult to tell exactly how he would perform and what his role would be at City when he is playing in a team like ours where his ball carrying and ability to win free kicks is so vital for us when it comes to reliving pressure, and getting us up the pitch. He would now be playing in a team that will have the lion’s share of possession every week, but without the hindrance of being doubled up on as he has been on many occasions for us. He is comfortable receiving the ball anywhere, never hides and just has this magic ability to freeze defenders. His weight of pass is mostly exquisite, and he is much quicker than people give him credit for.

I think in the past he was one of those players who I felt having watched a fair bit of football in my time (I’m 39 btw) that I didn’t need the stats to tell me that he was a good player, but over the last 18 months or so his game has just skyrocketed, and he now has the numbers to back up his natural talent.

Honestly, if you get him, I think you’ll love him. He’s labelled as a diver, I can’t say that he never dives but he does get kicked a lot.

If you get a spare 5 minutes, try and find some extended highlights from the 7-2 Liverpool game, he was unplayable that night, and besides that it’s always fun to watch the scousers take a kicking! :)

SkySports reporting this is encouraging. Not that they have anything of remote value to add, but the fact that they're jumping on the bandwagon like Romano suggests there's meat on the bones to this (although we all knew that really).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.