Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last 5 years, a subset of City fans have defended our spending by clinging on to the fact our record transfer is below United's (£89), Liverpool's (£75m), and even Arsenal's (£80m).

I have told people using that line in these threads over the past few years that it's not something to hang on to, because we will spend big eventually.

Now that day is upon us, a few are struggling to let go. Trevor Sinclair was at it last week saying we should buy Tammy Abraham instead of Kane because City don't do big transfers. Not surprised Cheeseman is another.

I'd love for him to specify what the 1 reason is though? He's clearly alluding to money, which is pathetic, because I think both have openly said CL football and trophies are their biggest motivators.
The thing is we have accumulated more champions league money than any of them over the last 10 years so we can quite rightly spend more. Don’t forget the years of the old top 4 outspending the rest of the league ten-fold.

Since 2008 what has set City apart from rival clubs is that our owner has shown no desire to cream money off into his own account. He has built the club up so that it has one of the highest incomes in world football and none of that is spent on paying off debt or in fees to the owner; every penny goes back into the club. The decision as to what the club does with that money is entrusted largely to Txiki and Pep. If they believe that Jack Grealish is the player the team needs and that he is worth £100 million I'm happy with that and we can tell the rest of football what to do because we have the right to "spend our own money". It's brilliant that those running our club have put us in a position where we can break transfer records - and even more brilliant if we can do it again in the same window! And a special thanks to UEFA for giving us the opportunity to prove beyond all doubt that we have put ourselves in such a strong position while obeying their FFPR o the letter and in the spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.