Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
XG is the biggest pile of wank as a metric for measuring performance.

Every single news report reckons Southampton won the match easily, as I do myself. This is from the BBC:

The final scoreline flattered Villa, who only sporadically showed the form that earned them a full 12 points from 12 at the start of the campaign.

This is from the sun:

In truth they won this one by a country mile as they underlined why they are the Premier League’s away experts as they clocked up their NINTH win on the road since their 3-1 win here four days before Christmas.

Every single news report says the same.

xG measures the quality of chances. If you're using it to measure performance then it's no ones fault but your own for being too stupid to understand it.

If you're browsing the Sun to find your football opinions you can keep them. I watched the match start to finish and am happy with my opinion of what I saw.

xG measures the quality of chances. If you're using it to measure performance then it's no ones fault but your own for being too stupid to understand it.

If you're browsing the Sun to find your football opinions you can keep them. I watched the match start to finish.
As did i,and those reports are bollocks.

We all know,as seen in our own match ratings and reports,that these clowns clearly don't watch the games in their entirety,or more probably anywhere near.

As did i,and those reports are bollocks.

We all know,as seen in our own match ratings and reports,that these clowns clearly don't watch the games in their entirety,or more probably anywhere near.

Any journalist will tell you they aren't even watching the last half an hour because they're writing the match report to go up. And no matter how good a side is, if they're 4-0 down then they're not going to get any praise even if 3 of the goals were 1 in 100 shots.

By the time Villa had gotten back into it and almost forced the draw, there's about 5 minutes to re-draft the narrative of the match and then the report is sent off.

If you're browsing the Sun to find your football opinions you can keep them. I watched the match start to finish and am happy with my opinion of what I saw.If you're browsing the Sun to find your football opinions you can keep them. I watched the match start to finish and am happy with my opinion of what I saw.
First there is no such thing as an expected goal, it does not exist. Also the quality of any chance does not take anything into context. A big chance may just be a lucky ricochet from a corner, which falls to a centre half 2 yards out and he fluffs it.
Xg is a totally pointless metric and something devised for the Fifa generation. Football is not cricket and it an not be defined by any stats apart from goals scored or conceded. Even assists is pretty pointless really as it does not take anything into context.

I was browsing a few publications and they all say the same thing, Southampton won easily, I just could not be arsed copy and pasting loads all of them. Southampton could have been 6-0 up before Villa even replied.

Leave the insults out, I am clearly not stupid. We are just debating a difference of option on a football forum, which is its intended use. As soon as you start with insults then you have lost. I have seen you post over the years and you are better than that.

First there is no such thing as an expected goal, it does not exist. Also the quality of any chance does not take anything into context. A big chance may just be a lucky ricochet from a corner, which falls to a centre half 2 yards out and he fluffs it.
Xg is a totally pointless metric and something devised for the Fifa generation. Football is not cricket and it an not be defined by any stats apart from goals scored or conceded. Even assists is pretty pointless really as it does not take anything into context.

This is like a caricature of the the troglodyte football fan who thinks analytics is for FIFA players and not a massive part of every top club side's coaching set up.

I didn't think people like this actually still existed in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.