Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems grealish has been elevated to superstar status after a couple of decent games.
He's a cheating, diving, snidey player who seems to spend most of his energy on throwing himself to the ground. cut all that out and he might be half decent.

Seems grealish has been elevated to superstar status after a couple of decent games.
He's a cheating, diving, snidey player who seems to spend most of his energy on throwing himself to the ground. cut all that out and he might be half decent.
There are few better currently.

His antics are annoying,but every team has a couple,and,again to my frustration,it seems its being encouraged.They are mostly gained from his ability to retain the ball with his superb close control.
Imagine,the way we play around the box,just how many fouls/freekicks we would win.

This is like a caricature of the the troglodyte football fan who thinks analytics is for FIFA players and not a massive part of every top club side's coaching set up.

I didn't think people like this actually still existed in 2020.
I am not part of any top clubs coaching set up though.
I have explained why I think Xg is a poor metric and it does not account for context. You have offered nothing to counter my view.
Now I am a fan of stats and analytics as I am a massive cricket fan, I appreciate they can and should be used. I just don't think Xg is a particularly good one for the reasons I have outlined.

The comparison is a good one,although i expect Grealish will not restrict himself and will fully realise his potential.
Le Tissier did realise his potential though, he was top class. He scored 161 top flight goals, which is more than Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and Giggs. All this while playing for one of the lesser teams. He did not just score tap ins, he scored wonder goals against the best teams in the country.
Don't let Le Tissiers loyalty and lack of medals kid you. He was truly gifted and a natural talent.

Le Tissier did realise his potential though, he was top class. He scored 161 top flight goals, which is more than Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and Giggs. All this while playing for one of the lesser teams. He did not just score tap ins, he scored wonder goals against the best teams in the country.
Don't let Le Tissiers loyalty and lack of medals kid you. He was truly gifted and a natural talent.
You have just used that very argument to belittle Grealish?

Le Tiss didn't win his first cap till he was 25 either,and that wasn't with a manager who was a clueless wanker.

I bow to superior knowledge,but i don't remember Le Tiss being any better at a similar age.

You have just used that very argument to belittle Grealish?

Le Tiss didn't win his first cap till he was 25 either,and that wasn't with a manager who was a clueless wanker.

I bow to superior knowledge,but i don't remember Le Tiss being any better at a similar age.

I have not used that as an argument to belittle Grealish at all.
What I was saying about Grealish is that he has not stood out when he has come up against any top teams apart from Liverpool, where as Le Tissier did.

You don't remember Le Tissier being any better than Grealish at the same age? Le Tisser had 128 career goals by the time he was 25/6, Grealish has 35. Grealish has played 3 years in the championship.

Le Tissier was a scorer of wonderful goals & was hugely talented, he was also lazy and had zero work ethic.
Hence the limited England caps.
ffs Le Tiss would have been his nickname at City

Haha.

NW has very selective memory.
He scored over 200 career goals in a mid table team and he was not even a striker. So what of he looked a little lethargic? Bluemoon32 is being disingenuous by saying Le Tissier was lazy and had zero work ethic. You do not score that many goals as an attacking midfielder/wide player if you have zero work ethic and are lazy. He scored more than Lampard and Lampard played for the best team in the country at the time. Le Tissier did it for Southampton. He looked lazy in the same way Yaya did and like Yaya he was usually the best player on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.